Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Harry’s POV

Today practice was actually a bit better than it was yesterday. Zack didn’t push me down nearly as many times as he did yesterday, which kind of surprised me considering the small outburst Gabrielle had at him I was expecting him to be pretty angry right now.

Today Adam was getting in on the little annoying things that Zack does to me during practice. He wasn’t knocking me onto the ice, but when we were doing the scrimmage game, we were on the same team and he was purposely not passing me the puck when I was completely open, and he did a few other things that just made me look bad.

Over all I was completely and inevitably pissed with almost everyone right now.

Once we all headed back to the locker room, I of course made it my goal to get in and out as fast as possible. I did what I had done yesterday and walked ahead of everyone else and I took my skates of as fast as I could once I was in the locker and room and had sat down on one of the benches.

I put my skates into my bag and slipped my Converse on before getting up and walking out of the room. Just as I opened the door to walk out, Zack had his hand reached out, apparently about to open the door but I beat him to it.

He walked right passed me into the locker room and the rest of the guys followed in behind him. I watched them all walk in, and I noticed Adam give me a small smile before he stepped into the locker room and let the door close behind him.

I sighed and turned away from the now closed door of the room and began to head back to the lobby and to the exit so I could finally leave. I was obviously skipping that buffet again today, and I hoped that we wouldn’t have any unexpected guests again for dinner tonight.

Coach didn’t talk to me much today, I was thinking that maybe it was because my aunt wasn’t mad at him, but I didn’t think that he would know if I had told me aunt, I guess it was pretty obvious that I would though. I also thought that maybe since my aunt had me act nice to him last night that he thought that everything was fine between us or something.

It was probably my first thought though, it seemed more reasonable than the other. I finally made my way out of this building and into the parking lot.

I walked back to where I had parked my car in the very back of the parking lot, and unlocked the vehicle once I approached it. I got in my car and began to drive back to my aunt’s house. I parked my car in my normal spot in the driveway once I was back at the house, and took the keys before getting out of the car and locking it.

When I got inside the house I went into the kitchen where my aunt was still washing some dishes from lunch. I sat down at the counter and my aunt then placed a plate of food in front of me that she had saved since her and Ben already ate.

“So how was practice today?” she asked me.

“Crap,” I said in between bites of my sandwich.

“It’ll get better soon, you just have to wait awhile,” I subtly rolled my eyes at her statement, but didn’t say anything about it even though I didn’t really believe what she said.

I wasn’t sure if she even believed it or if she was just saying it to make me feel better about all this, to give me some type of peace and assure that this will all go away, but I think that we all knew that it wasn’t, at least not anytime soon.

Before I knew it, it was already dinnertime and Ben and I were sitting at the counter as we watched my aunt make dinner.

“We’re not going to have any unwelcomed guests tonight, right?” I asked her.

She tilted her head up and gave me a look.

I just shrugged, “Just wanting to make sure,”

A few more minutes passed and she was just finishing up dinner when I heard my phone ringing from my pocket. I looked at the screen and saw that Gabrielle was calling me. I smiled a bit; hoping that talking to her about anything except for everything going on at the rink would clear my mind for a while and finally cause me to relax.

I told my aunt that I would be right back and then walked out of the kitchen to take the call.

“Hello,” I said into the phone once I pressed answer and brought the device up to my car.

“Harry,” she said, and I could tell something was off about her voice, and I heard a few sniffs come from her.

Was she crying?

“Are you okay?” I felt the need to ask right now.

“I need…can you drive over to my house?” she managed to get out.

“Yeah, of course. Why, what’s going on?” I asked her in a rushed but calm tone.

“Just drive to my house,” she told me again and with that she hung up the phone.

I was now worried as ever as to what was going on. Her dad was most likely home by now, why would she need me to come over?

I stopped thinking about all the possibilities as to why to might need me to come over right now, and focused on actually getting there. I ran into my room and slipped on the first pair of shoes that I could find.

“I need to go, I’ll be back soon,” I told my aunt when I went back into the kitchen. I really had no idea when I would be back though.

“Not before you eat dinner,” she said to me.

“Listen, I really need to go,” I told her.

“Why?” she asked me.

“I’ll explain later,” I said and with that I rushed out of the house before she could stop me or say anything else to me.

I got in my car and began to drive to Gabrielle’s house.

As I was driving I was sure I probably didn’t stop as long as I should’ve, or at all at some stop signs, and I might’ve run one or two stop lights, but I really didn’t care at the moment.

Once I saw Gabrielle’s neighborhood up ahead, I drove into it and the turned to drive down her street. I had to drive slower down the road that usual since it was dark outside and I didn’t have a clear view of each house since the streetlights were dim, and some weren’t even on.

You’d think in such a rich neighborhood like this, the people in charge of the neighborhood could at least afford to have well working lights.

Nevertheless I continued to drive down the road until I saw someone standing under one of the streetlights.