Chapter 77

Chapter 77

Harry’s POV

Once my aunt and Ben finished up their dinner, the three of us hung out in the living room for a little bit and watched some TV. It was soon almost time for Ben to head to sleep though, so my aunt went with Ben to help him get himself ready for bed, and then when she came back out about fifteen minutes later, she walked into the kitchen. She was most likely going in there to wash the dishes used from dinner tonight.

I decided that I would go ahead and go into the kitchen with her since I had a couple things on my mind that I might want to talk to her about. I had a feeling that she had a few things she wanted to ask me too; probably just about me going to the buffet today though and then she’d probably turn that into asking me about how coach was treating me and how everything was going with him.

So I walked into the kitchen and I saw my aunt beginning fill the sink with water in preparation to hand wash some of the dishes as I came and sat down on the barstool. I never understood why she just didn’t put everything in the dishwasher, but she insisted that some things needed to be hand washed, so I just went with it.

“Hey,” I said to her to get her attention since I wasn’t sure if she saw that I had come in here or not.

“Hey,” she told me and I decided to wait until she was starting to hand wash the dishes to talk to her since while she was loading the dishwasher she kept having to bend down to the dishwasher and then come back up to grab another dish and that made it difficult to talk to her right now.

“I’m almost done,” she told me, I guessing realizing that her loading the dishwasher right now was the reason I hadn’t started a conversation with her since I obviously wanted to talk to her since I was the one who came in here after her.

“Okay I have a feeling you came in here because you wanted to talk to me,” my aunt told me as she grabbed the first dish to hand wash and put it into the soapy water as she spoke.

One of the things I wanted to talk to her about involved Gabrielle. I waited to talk more about the buffet because I knew that she was going to bring that up at some point so I wanted to start with something else. I had begun to think more about Gabrielle after my aunt and I had briefly talking about her. I guess I just kept getting more and more worried about what was going to happen when her dad got home if he wasn’t already.

I really wished that I could’ve just stayed there with her but I knew it would only make things worse between her and dad if I was there since I was a pretty big part of the reason that they were having this conflict and her dad pretty much hated me now even though he probably already did in the first place without even knowing me.

“What did you want to talk about Harry?” she asked and I realized that she was waiting for me to say something to her and I hadn’t said anything for the past few moments.

“How do you think Gabrielle is doing right now?” I blurted out.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Do you think her dad is home and if he is what do you think is going on, like what is he saying to her?” I asked.

“Harry, I honestly have know I idea, her dad has been known to react in many different ways to certain situations,” she told me, and I shouldn’t known that there wasn’t really any way that she would know what was going on right now and what he was saying.

“I’m just worried,” I admitted.

“I know you are,” my aunt said.

I wanted to call her right now but I was apprehensive to do so because she might be talking, or listening to her dad yell at her right now, and if her phone rang and showed that I was calling and her dad saw he would definitely not be happy. I wished that he dad would at least attempt to get to know me before he decided that he hated me.

He knows that I wasn’t one of the guys on the team that caused problems for him and started the whole feud thing, that was most likely Zack’s fault, I however just joined the team. I wondered how furious her dad would be if it was Zack that she was dating.

Just the thought of Gabrielle dating Zack made me shudder. I could not picture it, nor did I ever want to.

We talked a little bit more about Gabrielle, but then she soon slowly changed the subject to what I knew she would. I answered most of her questions about why I went to the buffet, most of them being about who I talked to and if anyone bothered me. I told her about some of the things that Zack and Adam, mostly Zack, had been saying to me this week since she wanted to know everything that was going on.

She told me that she would talk to coach about making sure that Zack doesn’t try to knock me down, and he’d keep an eye on them both and make sure that they didn’t say anything else to me in attempt to bother me. I had no doubt that she was going to tell him that, my doubt was that he was going to listen.

He would probably tell my aunt that he would see what he could do and that he would do the best that he could to prevent all this from continuing to happen, but I knew that he wasn’t going to follow through. He might call Zack out a few times on whatever he was doing at the time, but I doubted that it would happen often. He knew that my aunt would find out if he didn’t do what she asked of him.

I wasn’t going to be a child and go to my aunt and tell on him whenever he didn’t say something to Zack and Adam. I knew that my aunt was going to ask me everyday though how practice went and if anyone said or did anything and if coach put a stop to it, and I wasn’t going to lie to her. My aunt and I continued to talk for a little bit longer before she finished up the dishes.

Then we both agreed that we were going to go ahead and start getting ready for bed. She told me goodnight and I did said the same back and then we both headed off to our own rooms.

I came out of my room a few minutes later though to walk down the hall to the bathroom and take a shower.

After I took a quick shower, I dried myself off and changed into some sweats to sleep in since I was still in my jeans and t-shirt that I had put on when I left for the buffet earlier today.

I walked back down the hall to my room and once I was in my bed and under the covers, I fell sleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.