Chapter 89

Chapter 89

Gabrielle’s POV

My dad and I have slowly been building back up our relationship over the past week since Harry and I broke up. I finally had gotten my dad to sit down with me and we had a serious conversation about everything that had been bothering us lately that we had been arguing about.

From my dad a lot of it was him telling me that he just wishes that I had told him about Harry and I and that I had told him things that were bothering me like him never going to my practice. Although I thought that him not coming to my practice was a pretty self explanatory thing that I would obviously be upset about, but besides that, he did have a point and I shouldn’t have hid those things from him.

I had to explain to him that I was just scared of what his reaction would be. I knew that I had gotten a worse reaction then I would have if I had told him considering that he found out about Harry and I almost a month after we started dating, and I wasn’t the one to tell him.

Once we had gotten through talking about all that, my dad and I had worked together to set up a schedule for the times that my dad would for once not work through his lunch break and come and watch me skate for awhile.

He also told me that he was going to see if he could extend a few of his lunch breaks so he could stay even longer. I knew his work might let him extend one or two lunch breaks a week considering he has always been working through them and never taking advantage of them.

My dad also said that probably one day each week he could probably make himself available to come pick me up, but he’d have to go back to work after that, which I was fine with since I would still get to see him earlier than when he gets home which usually pretty late, like just a little less than an hour before I liked to go to bed.

He told me that there probably wasn’t going to be any days that he could drop me off at practice, but I didn’t mind. The fact that he was going to start coming to my skating practice on some days again was good enough for me.

As for Bella, I had told her the day after Harry and I broke up that we were no longer together. I had waited to do it until we were out of the car with her mom though. It would feel awkward to me to tell her with her mom there, plus I knew Bella was going to tell her, so I might as well have Bella do it for me. Bella’s reaction to the news was kind of like my dad’s response.

She was happy that we were no longer dating, but she didn’t want to show it even though she still kind of did. I knew that she wasn’t sure what to say to me either. I guess it probably wasn’t the easiest situation for her to be in. It’s instinct to want to comfort the person who just broke up with someone, but at the same time if you hated the person in Bella and my dad’s case, it isn’t as natural instinct as it might usually be.

At first Bella did seem a bit hesitant to try and stop being angry with me, but she eventually did. We had a small talk about the events that had happened, not as serious as the talk I had with my dad, but we still addressed a number of things. She told she would try her best to forget about everything that happened, and I knew that she would follow through with that promise.

In attempts to get our friendship back to the way it used to be, we planned a shopping trip this weekend, so I was looking forward to that.

As far as my reputation at the rink, I wasn’t sure how many people knew that Harry and I weren’t together anymore, but people most people stopped giving me weird looks and glares, so I’m guessing a majority of people knew. I guess I wasn’t expecting them to come up and tell me they knew or whatever, but I thought I may know somehow, but I guess it didn’t really matter.

And then as for Harry, I hadn’t seen much of him, but that was probably a good thing.

A couple of days ago though, when Bella and I didn’t get out of the rink before the hockey guys came, they all crowded me and started asking me about Harry. At that point I knew they didn’t know that we broke up since they kept asking me where he was. According to them, Harry had been missing practice a lot this week.

I didn’t want to tell them that I was pretty sure that I was the reason why, so I didn’t tell them that I broke up with him, and thankfully Bella didn’t say anything either. I really didn’t believe that Harry had been missing practice as much as they say he had, because the next day, I saw him with the rest of the team walking into the rink just as Bella and I were walking out.

Maybe he missed like one or two days of practice. I knew he missed on the day I broke up with him, but that’s it. I honestly wouldn’t think he would skip out and stay home just because I broke up with him, he can’t be that upset about it. I’m still a bit upset with what I had to do, but I’ve still gone to practice everyday and I’m slowly but surely getting over it all.

Then again Harry did have it worse in this situation because he didn’t know it was coming and I did, so therefore I guess I’ve had more time to get over it in a way. Harry always told me that playing hockey made him feel better though, there’s no way that he would skip. The rest of the team is probably just exaggerating the two days he was gone just to get on me about something.

So today at practice, I stalled a little bit in the rink so that I would be walking out when the hockey team would be ready to come in here. I knew it was going to be a bit awkward seeing Harry though. When I passed by him the other day when he was here it was awkward, and he hardly even looked at each other. When Bella and I stepped out of the rink, I saw the hockey guys emerging from the locker room and walking over here just like I knew they would.

I quickly scanned the group of boys and to no surprise I saw Harry walking amongst them just like I knew I would. I must have been watching them for too long because I now had Harry’s attention and I was making eye contact with him. I gave him a small smile, but I knew that was a mistake when he huffed and then looked away from me.

I hated that he was mad at me, but I guess I couldn’t expect for us to be best friends or whatever, that would be ridiculous. I shouldn’t have expected him to be okay with all this though, of course he is mad at me, why wouldn’t he be?

“It must be weird to see him,” I heard Bella say, interrupting my thoughts.

“Yeah,” I agreed as he continued to walk outside. “I’m still glad that you dumped his sorry ass before he did something to hurt you,” she told me.

“Yeah,” I said again, only half listening to what she was saying. When she asked me why I had broken up with him, I hadn’t really thought about it so I just came up with something.

I told her that if he was capable and willing to do what he did on that date with her, then I didn’t want to see how he might hurt me like that. To me the explanation sounded stupid, but it worked for Bella.

After I had told her that, she just went on about what a jerk he is, but I got tired of listening. I knew Harry would never hurt me, and he just acted that why on the date with Bella because I wanted him to, not because he wanted to, he was even a bit hesitant at first to do it, but it did surprise me a bit with how good a job he seemed to do at acting like a jerk to her though.

Bella started to talk about our shopping trip we were going to go on this week and how there was a really cute top that she saw a picture of online and she wants to try and find it. So I listened to her talk about it and I thought about some things that I might want to buy while we waited for her mom to come pick us up.