•77•

All I have to say is, if you want the continuation, you gotta legit comment on this chapter.

So, enjoy!

Misty

Sitting in bed with my ipad, all I could think about is August and what they were about to do. As things got deeper and more serious, my nerves began to kick in and then came the dreams.

“God please just protect them.” I sighed.

All I wanted was to be back in our home, focusing on us and our son till we went to Nai. It was like Aug didn't see nor understand that and that added to the frustration.

Sighing because I could no longer focus on what I was doing, I got up and check on our son. Approaching his crib, he laid there just staring up at me.

“Hi baby boy.” I lifted him. “How long have you been up?”

Giving me a gummy smile after kissing his cheek, I checked to see if he needed to be changed.

“All good.” I laughed patting his butt. “A small butt just like your father.” I laughed as I made my way downstairs. “Let's go get some fresh air.”

Heading out front, I sat on the porch furniture and began feeding him. The way he laid in my arms just looking up at me, made me think about how things are going to be as he gets older.

“You're going to be just as spoil as your sister you know.” I wiped his chin. “And you will grow into an upstanding person in society just like her too.” I smiled. “Me and daddy are going to make sure that you follow your heart and dreams and support you as your personal cheer squad. Naima too and she’s extra like your daddy.” I laughed a little.

Hearing a car door close, I looked up to see my mother, grandmother and aunt walking up to the house.

“Hey sweetheart.” My mother kissed my cheek.

“Hi mommy. Hey grandma, auntie Jenny.”

“Hi love. Why you sitting out here nursing like this?” She laughed.

“He didn't to long wake up so I decided to come out here for some fresh air with him.”

Finished, I shifted him to my shoulder as I patted his back for him to burp.

“So I heard my favorite niece almost had a mental breakdown this morning.” Auntie Jenny rubbed my arm.

“Really y'all?” I looked at my mother and grandmother.

“We were worried about you and had to talk to Jenny.”

“Mhm.” I rolled my eyes.

Hearing the baby burp, I shifted him on my lap before my grandmother took him of course.

“Nanuh’s little man went on an adventure this morning with his daddy huh?” She kissed him making him smile.

“So where they went?” My mother asked.

“He took him for his shots. He said he knew I was tired so he didn't want to wake me.”

“See.” Both my mother and grandmother said.

“Now wait just one minute.” Auntie Jenny spoke up. “What y'all mean by see? He should have at least told her.”

“Thank you.” I pointed at her.

“That boy ain't did anything wrong.” My mother spoke.

“Exactly. This is his son as well Misty.”