#M#

Sitting at the poolside which witnessed our fights more than our love, thanks to me. I saw Khushi running around the living room pestering everyone with her craziness and chirpiness.

Today was the same day back when I forced her to marry me. I don't know how she behave normally when people from our family wish us. It kills me everytime when they tease us saying we're so desperate in our love that we eloped at the same day of Aakash marriage.

Earlier I always prefer to ran away on this particular day like my maa's birthday. But who am I kidding? Fearing about khushi's emotions I'll ran back to home. She'll not let others now what she is feeling when they tease her on this particular day. But I know. We both know.

There would be a celebration for Aakash and Payal anniversary. And they include us too. How many times I warned them not to celebrate this, but they never heard. It feels as if we're celebrating our hate marriage every year.

I wish no one would get this type of celebrations.

"What are you thinking?" My monologue was broken by her voice.

I sighed and shook my head. I don't want to add my misery on her too.

"We can't change the past arnavji" She whispered coiling her arms around mine sitting beside me.

"That's what I am saying too. We can't change the past so what is the harm in telling the truth to family. Atleast they'll not pester us with their teasing and celebrations and all" I put forth my decision like always.

"Do you think they will be happy hearing that?" She rebuked back.

I shook my head in denial "We're not happy. Atleast our pain will be reduced if we share it with family and they'll stop teasing us which was doing nothing but hurting us"

"Don't be stupid arnavji. Do you think Jijaji and jiji will ever celebrate their anniversary hereafter? Now it only paining us. If you let everyone to know the truth, no one is going to be happy"

I sighed audibly "One misunderstanding of mine had done enough damage for lifetime. If the pain was only for me I would've gladly accepted it as my punishment but it includes you khushi that too without any fault of yours"

"That doesn't mean you include others in our pain. Forget it arnavji. I already forgave you. Don't get hurt recalling the past again and again"

I know what she saying is only truth. She forgiven me long back without giving hard time to me which I gave her to prove her innocence. Why is it always me to give her the pain? Why is it always I want to give her happiness but ending up hurting her? If I was in her place I would've take few years to forgive the person who dare to hurt me, sometimes I may not forgive them for my whole life time. That's what differentiate her from others.

"Now don't be stubborn, smile meri Swamiji..." I couldn't help but smile hearing her.

If she was not magnanimous enough I would've rotten in hell for lifetime.

______

Share your love for this drabble through your 🌟 and comment!