•Q•

Throwing the pallu over my shoulder, I secured it with a pin on my sleeveless blouse. Smoothed the pleats, I looked my reflection on the mirror and did a quick inspection. Everything is perfect as it should be.

A small tinge of blush adored my cheeks reminiscing the last time, I got ready for a party. Unlike today, last time he was here in the room. In the name of working on laptop, he sat on the recliner with laptop screen on.

Inspite of checking his dear files and quotations, his eyes indulged on scanning me. An unknown ecstasy and thrill crept on my system remembering his stare and the events followed by, which had successfully bide us inside the four walls.

Eventhough, I made mountain out of a molehill for his naughtiness on that day, I am missing him now. He successfully revenged for that day by leaving me here alone today. I pouted at dismay. However I try and tried to fool him about his small teases, nuzzles, naughty touches, sneak peek kisses & hide and seek romance behind pillars, kitchen, dining table, I love everything. It increases the spark and spice between us unlike jiji's marriage life that they both are still stuck with ji. Err.. I couldn't even imagine a day without his kisses. It's high time to do something regarding those payalji and Aakashji. Er.. ok, I call arnavji with ji suffix added to it. But that's different.

I felt my cheeks burn more imagining his stubborn teases to call his name without extra suffix.

Had my eyes searched for it or my eyes accidentally fell on his photo frame, I don't know and I do not wish to ponder on it. Bridged the distance between the mirror and my side of bed in quick steps, I took his photo. It's another copy of the same photo from the past where the girls who came for Pooja drew moustache on his photo.

I couldn't help but let out a chortle seeing his stern poker face which resembles much more like an angry kid who had been mercilessly teased by his family in the presence of guests.

"What's there to laugh?"

I startled at the voice. He said he would not come, didn't he? I whipped around to face him who's standing at the poolside door with his usual knitted brows on.

"You came." I exclaimed in surprise but didn't get an expected reply from him.

Kept the frame on it's place, I moved forward to take his coat and laptop bag.

"You didn't answer me. What's so funny in that photo?" His question came out in annoyance.

"I am surprised you're asking this when you know what must be the possible reason behind that photo." I replied cheekily.

"You love to see me annoyed."

I gasped at his unexpected pull and his cold hands danced on my unclothed skin.

"Leave me." I wiggled on his hold.

"Never." His barely husky voice left me in some dreamy world where only two of us existed without any disturbance.

Speaking of devil, there comes a shrill of ringtone. Using it as a cue, I pushed him and walked towards the dressing table to reapply the makeup. He showed his eyes as if saying our conversation was not over. I shrugged and mentally thanked Amanji for disturbing us else god knows whether we would attend today's party or not.

Next few minutes passed in blur. He went to get ready quickly and I instructed about Nani medicines to hp. After an exact hour, we're here at the party venue.

Had it been an official party, I wouldn't accompany him. But it was one of his close acquittance anniversary party and I couldn't deny it just like that.

"Khushi do you wish to eat? Shall we go to buffet?" He whispered and I nodded slightly.

Already my stomach is making noises carving for food. He enclosed his palm with mine and we took a step forward only to stop in tracks seeing amanji.

"ASR... Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Mittal wants to meet you."

I cursed Mr. Mittal mentally but what to do when arnavji also wish to meet him.

"Khushi.." He eyed me waiting for my permission.

Suppressing the disappointment, I bobbed my head and gave an assured smile.

He patted my cheeks softly before disappearing into the crowd "I'll be back. Don't stand for long. Aman make her sit on lounge."

"Amanji I am fine, you can go now."

Aman nodded gratefully. Settled myself on cushion chair, I turned around feeling a tap on my shoulder. I smiled at Mrs. Mittal and stood up in courtesy.

"I thought ASR is best only in professional life but today I got to know he's perfect both in his personal and professional. You're lucky Mrs. Raizada."

I assumed she observed us from the time we came, I thanked her politely. What more one can get? My eyes voluntarily searched for him. Oh.. there he's speaking to someone maintaining his ASR posture. Mrs. Mittal words popped on my memory.

How right she is! My arnavji is Quintessential. He not only the most perfect ideal figure in business world but also in personal life. Be it me or family members, he's perfect one could get apart from his manufacturing defects.