#O#

"Dammit!" I pressed the key harshly. The brewing headache, unfinished presentation, long working hours not only took toll on my health but mentally too.

Staying away from the family is not a new thing for me. The moment I choose this business field, I know it was nothing like government job nor MNC's where one can work from staying in their homeland without travelling often.

"ASR everyone is waiting for you at conference hall" After a knock Aman entered my temporary cabin.

I closed my eyes and expelled a deep frustrated sigh. This is what I wanted earlier. Back to back meetings without break in this particular day. But that seems like it was not a good idea this year. A strange uneasiness and recklessness passed through my veins.  What it must be, I don't know.

"Shall I cancel the meeting ASR? But..." I opened my eyes in haste.

"No, I'll be there" I replied getting up from my seat. Buttoning my top buttons and adjusting the cuffs, I gestured Aman to took the laptop where half finished presentation for the meeting stored there.

After entering into the conference hall, every little concerns fade away leaving the recklessness to stay in the place itself.

Sipping the water, I looked ahead the projected image. Throughout the meeting something was amiss.

"ASR meeting is over"

I snapped up unsure of my hearing ability.

"ASR meeting is over"

Blinking my eyes, I left from there. This day is getting difficult by passing minute. Till now, I never felt this way. Shaking my head in attempt to clear my mind, I failed to do so.

"ASR I think you should go to hotel and take rest. I'll cancel rest of the meetings" I glanced back at the voice only to find Aman following me like a lost puppy with concerned expression. I didn't revealed why I always indulge myself in hectic schedules on this particular day, but I do know he knows the reason for my behaviour and always he showed his support.

For the first time, I accepted his offer cancelling all the meetings. I badly need a sleep. Jumping on backseat of the car, I closed my eyes. A teary eyed Khushi flashed on my conscience making me to open my eyes instantly. I should not have left her there even after her pleadings and teary eyes.

Now I realise, what all those recklessness about. Not wasting a second I took my mobile and dialled her. The call didn't connect making me restless.

Clutching my hairs, I leaned back. The painful misted eyes and her painful words echoed on my ears.

"Arnavji let me come with you. This year you're not going there alone" She pleaded clutching my hands.

I shook my head and distangled her hold on me.

"What is the need to mourn over when you have me? Let me in to lessen your pain" She palmed my cheeks and prisoned it forcefully.

"You can't reduce this pain nor anyone can. Let me be away for one day" I declared stubbornly pushing the trolley inside.

'How foolish of me to shun away my happiness?' I chided mentally. Suddenly I felt suffocating inside the car. She must be hurt. Like always I hurted her when all she wished was to soothe my pain.

Unbuttoning the collar buttons, I choked for breath. I want to speak to her. I want to see her. Luckily the car driver announced our arrival of the hotel.

Almost running inside, I punched the lift buttons harshly. I need to do video call, atleast.

Panting heavily I opened the door and stood awestruck.

"ARNAVJI..."

I breathed out finally.

Finally, I get my Oxygen.

Rushing towards her, I engulfed her in a tight embrace not wanting to leave her.

"Mamma will be happy to see her chotte accepting his Khushi breaking his wall on this particular day" She cooed and I snuggled into the crook of her neck. Indeed right, maa will be happy today. Why not, when it's her birthday today! 

_____

Don't forget to hit the 🌟 and comment!