•G•

Inhaled a sharp breath, I try to calm my raging nerves. Sitting infront of devimaaiyaa idol with clasped palms, my thoughts should revolve around devotional things, but the arrogant Raizada beside me has vowed himself to not let me to pray in peace.

"Khushi..." He called in whisper for umpteenth time.

"Keep your mouth shut for sometime" I said in a bare whisper suppressing the brewing irritation. I really couldn't come to believe the fact that my laadgovernor husband loves to annoy me always. I am sure ma could've gone through hard times handling him as a kid. Thinking of a kid, I don't expect devimaaiyaa to show some privilege on me. I just pray that junior should atleast carry few of my habits if not everything.

"You're saying this from past hour dammit. I could've earned a crore in this one hour" He hissed on my ears.

"Money is not always everything" I retorted back with a angry glare.

"Perhaps I wouldn't be sitting here, if I not know the above fact" His voice begun to elevate showing his sagging patience.

"When you decided to sit here, you should've prepared for everything" Even though I hate his murmurs which disturbs and distracts me from the Pooja, I couldn't buy everything he throws.

"As if I had any choice Khushi. It's you who prayed something and I have to accompany you to complete this Pooja"

"It's going to finish. Be patient for few minutes"

He made a face and looked ahead with slouched shoulders which indicates his defeat against me.

I smiled at his poker face which seems childish to me. Grumpy hubby is hard to pacify, I mentally sketched a layout to woo him. This Pooja is for his well being and his successful business. If not for his presence needed, I wouldn't had blackmailed him to come here.

As if devimaaiyaa itself showed mercy on him Pooja finished soon. Panditji offered Prasad and vermillion. Rubbed a small amount of vermillion on my partition, I looked around for him. He stood at a corner looking out for something. His face expression shows he's in some deep thought. Must be about amanji... chi... chi.. about his files or his deals...

Khushi you've gone mad!

Holding Nani hands, I step down the stairs. Arnavji and di are coming behind me. While we're in last step he called me.

"Khushi wait..."

Every pair of eyes looked at him to say what he intend to.

"Khushi I forgot something. Can you go up and ask Panditji to conduct Pooja on our mansion?"

I frowned not believing my ears. Hope I am not suffering from hearing problem. But even Nani and di stood with confused expression plastered on their faces.

"Why?" I asked in caution. It's not everyday the great ASR himself asks and talks about Pooja.

"Remember, coming Sunday is Nani's 70th birthday"

I face palmed and smiled sheepishly for forgetting the most important occasion in our family. Nodding at him dutifully, I ascended the steps.

Panted a little, I walked over to the place where Panditji is sitting in meditation.

"Panditji..."

"Haan beta..."

"Coming Sunday our Nani's birth..."

He cut my sentence in middle "I remember beta. Your husband already informed me and just now again he reminded it to me. I gave a list about all the necessary things to him. Stay blessed beta..." He said with warm smile.

I just want to bang that laadgovernor head with something. How dare he? He purposely made me climb up all the stairs. I faked a smile to Panditji and hurried down the stairs.

Taking long strides, I pulled his arm harshly. He's standing on the parking lot, leaning cosily on the car. But I? Sweating badly by walking up and down.

"Oh, there you're. Come, our farmhouse is waiting for our presence" He told casually opening the car door.

"What?" I stood firmly not moving an inch from my place.

"Don't you think I deserves a reward for spending my half day here in this temple?"

"So?"

"What so? We're gonna spend sometime together"

"Di, Nani?" I asked almost agreeing to his offer. It's been days, since I chit chat with him. I need to tell him a lot and most importantly I need to plan something unique for Nani birthday. It would be great if he participate in the plans. Nani would be happy.

"You're coming with me to office according to them"

He says he'll not lie. But one should appreciate his Guileful brain as I saw him taking office route. His newly built penthouse on office building was not known to anyone except me. Even aman thinks that was guest house.

______

Don't forget to hit the star 🌟 and comment!