When The Truth Hits

It turns out it wasn't the best moment of my life.

It was a lie.

I lost.

A part of me died the moment I realised. I fought to hide it from those around me. I spoke to the one it involves. And while they are okay, I'm not.

I failed.

Yes, i didn't want to even have it in the first place, it was my worst nightmare.

But I still feel like I've let three people down.

Three people at least.

The thing is, I know it's not my fault. I didn't know until it was too late. At that point, it was already gone.

But I still feel like I've failed. 

The one thing I've been "put on this earth to do" and I can't fucking do it. 

I want to have the situation where it's not even possible. That way I know I'm going to fail. That way I don't have to deal with feeling like I'm winning, but then I don't.

that way ill be safe.

I feel awful for those who have that situation. But then, my worst nightmare is probably their dream. If I could swap situations with them, I would. God, I would. At least I'm still able too. At least it's still possible for me.

And when I know that someone who is so incredibly close to me is going through this, I break. I want them to know that it's going to be okay, there are other options. 

I wish I could swap with you, give you that option back again. let you do it the way you want to.

Make you happy again.