"I still love him"

lol, so this is kinda shit. It's very rushed and forced, so I apologise. Basically all the things in bold are lyrics from the piece by Lana Del Ray called 'I still love him' and the words in normal text is moments in yours and Draco's relationship, that relate to the song.
Also many thanks for 200K reads!!!
(Bonus points if you spot the Hamilton references)

Your house - any xoxo
Warnings - swearing, verbal fights and kinda sad

And I remember when I met him, it was so clear that he was the only one for me.
We both knew it, right away.
"Y/N." Hermione was becoming impatient with my incompetence. I did warn her that potions wasn't my best subject. "You needed two, just two berries. One bezoar, one pinch of Unicorn horn, and just two mistletoe berries."
"'Mione, I did tell you that I'm awful at potions."
"But this is a beginners level potion - even Ron can get this right!" She tugged at her hair in frustration. I gripped her shoulder and laughed.
"We can start again. I'll go and get some new ingredients."
Hermione throw away the contents of our cauldron, and I turned and walked towards the supplies.
"How do you stay so calm around Granger?" A voice asked. The body the voice belonged to snuck up on me whilst I grabbed the ingredients. I spun around to see Draco Malfoy.
I had never spoken to Draco before, I'd never had a reason to. We had gone these few years without barley making eye contact, and it was as though we had never even met.
"I just remain calm myself. There's no point in getting someone else worked up." I smiled.
"Are you starting your potion again?" Draco asked, fiddling with the jars in front of him.
"Yep. I put too many berries in the last one." I clicked my teeth, whilst reaching up for the Unicorn horn.
"So is Goyle." Draco said. He gestured to a desk near the front of the room, which held a smoking cauldron and a round boy behind it with a charred face.
We both laughed.
Draco caught my eye before I could return my attention to the ingredients. He tilted his head to the side slightly; it was cute.
"How come we've never spoken before?" He asked.
"Beats me."
Draco narrowed his eyes and smirked. I was enjoying this type of attention, and I dragged my tongue across my lips.
"Draco." Holding out his hand, he  introduced himself.
"Y/N." I did this same, and shook his smooth hand.

And as the years went on, things got more difficult.
We were faced with more challenges.
I begged him to stay.
Try to remember what we had in the beginning.
"You're pushing me away Draco! You can't keep locking me out!"
"I know Y/N, please-" Draco shouted at me back, but his features soon turned soft and he sighed. "Please, just don't ruin this."
"What - are you not listening to me?" I yelled. I pulled hard at my hair. "You've ruined this Draco. This is your fight and you've dragged me into this!"
"You think I wanted this? That this is what I planned?" Draco throw his hands into the hair and walked forwards. We screamed into each other's face now. "What more do you want Y/N?! I've tried, you bitch! You know I have! There's nothing I can do!"
I looked deep into Draco's eyes. They were on the edge of crying - as were mine. We had punched each other in the gut so many times and now, now we had to face the truth.
This wasn't the first time we had fought like this, and it wouldn't be the last. I loved Draco more than anything, but his words hurt. I'm sure that my words hurt him as well, but I would never cut as deep as him. But I still loved him.

"I don't think we can go on Y/N." Draco said after pausing for a few moments. He caught his breath and turned away from me.
"Please Draco." I said softly. "Don't do this."
"Don't do this." He mocked me. "What, like everything else I've done? Like the mess I've put you in?" Draco raised his voice some more. "Like everything else I do? What's one more thing added to the list Y/N, hey? You already hate me, you already think I've ruined what we had." Instead of yelling as before, Draco just spat his words out and bit at every letter.
"I'm a man who keeps his word, so I have to to ruin this Y/N. I have no choice."
"No Draco please, I'm begging you. Stay my love, stay." I walked back over to Draco, and took his face in my hand. He only brought up his, and forced it away.
"No Y/N -"
"Draco please, I love you, I love you. We were so good together. We can be that again, please Draco." I took the daring move again and stroked his cheek, only this time pecked his lips in between my pleads.
"Please," I kissed him. "Stay, stay."

He was charismatic, magnetic, electric and everybody knew it.
When he walked in every woman's head turned
Everyone stood up to talk to him.
He was like this hybrid, this mix of a man who couldn't contain himself.
Christmas Eve arrived swiftly, and the Yule Ball was upon us.
All the girls looks magnificent, however I was the envy of all (✌🏽). Not because of how I was dressed, but because of the man I was attending with.
Draco Malfoy had become far more than a wannabe prince, he now had girls lined up who were ready to hitch up their robes for him at a drop of a hat. And I, however, was the witch lucky enough to be his girlfriend. It wasn't just the girls that lined up for him, Draco had a constant flow of guys eager to talk to him. They'd ask for tips to talk to the girls, what to do in the bedroom, all sorts of questions. And Draco being Draco, said he found it unfair to keep his fountain of knowledge all to himself.

As we both entered the hall, all the girls began to swoon, and the boys grew green with envy. Before we had even made it into the centre of the room, crowds formed around us. The ladies pointed at my dress, and picked out features of Draco's tux. The boys stuck out their chests and fixed their hair, intimidated by the power Draco radiated.
"Shall we dance, my love?" Draco asked me.

I always got the sense that he became torn between being a good person and missing out on all of the opportunities that life could offer a man as magnificent as him.
And in that way I understood him and I loved him.
"We said we wouldn't fight anymore." Draco reminded me.
"This isn't fighting." I smiled. "I'm simply telling you that you don't have to do this."
"But you know I have to Y/N. This is what my parents want me to do, and I have to respect them. I don't want to do this Y/N, believe me, but I have no other choice."
I sighed deeply. We both knew that he was right, and there was nothing we could do.
"I just wish you didn't have to go this. You're so bright Draco, this - this is so unfair." I was worried that my words would sound bratty, but Draco just smiled wearily and pulled me to his body.
"I will be ok." He whispered. "I love you." Draco stroked my hair.

I loved him, I loved him, I loved him.
And I still love him.
I love him.
It was dark and it was night. Draco held his wand, the tip of it lit.
"I won't be away long, I promise." He kissed the top of my head.
"Just stay alive, that will be enough." I replied. Soft tears rolled down my cheek and fell onto my lips.
We stood so still for so long, just taking in each other's love. We held each other for so long, that I wasn't sure which hand and which foot was mine anymore. But this bliss had to end.
Silently, Draco moved away from me. My senses screamed as they came back to life. Draco pushed his lips onto mine as we kissed with intense passion.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too." Draco replied. I dared not move, but instead watch the small light of Draco's wand move away from me and deep into the darkness.

(Also just thought I'd let you know that I won't be continuing with the 'Obliviate' mini-series in this book, but the chapters already published will remain up)