Our Son

Your house - any xox

Warnings - mild transphobia

Y/N pronouns - he/his

Draco and his wife send their recently transitioned son to Hogwarts.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Come on baby, you don't want to be late for the train." I put my hand on my sons shoulder. He hesitated, seeing just how busy the platform was. I looked over to my husband, Draco, who shared the same anxious expression as I did.

"You're going to be fine." Draco reassured him. "Look, there's your coach, just up there." 

The platform couldn't stand still, people pushed past us rushing to get on the train. Children hugged their friends and talk of summer gone by filled the air.

But not our son. His feet were frozen to the floor, as if someone had charmed the stone he stood on. 

"Shall I go and find Grace? She's such a good friend." I asked.

"No, I dont want to talk to anyone." Our son bowed his head, his hands tight around the bars of the luggage trolley.

I looked over at Draco once more, unsure of what I could do to help. He looked down at our son who still showed no signs of moving. 

"Hey," Draco dipped down. "Let's do this together." He held out his hand towards our son.

"People are going to stare. They're going to ask questions." 

"Then let them stare, not everyone is blessed with hair as cool as yours. I think your mum did a really good job with that new haircut." Draco looked up and winked at me. "People are going to ask questions, and I know that might be hard, but there is nothing that anyone can say that changes who you are. You are perfect and unique, and no one can take that away."

Draco finished talking, wiping away that tears that fell from our sons eyes. 

"Okay," He said, taking a deep breath in. "Lets go." 

Draco and I smothered him in kisses, hugs and praise as I took Draco's hand and watched our son move down the platform.

I watched as parent's heads turned and students whispered under their breath as our son walked past them. It was so infuriating, if only these parents knew what type of summer our son had had. 

"Draco," I said quietly, not want to our son to hear. "People are saying things." 

He looked around, shocked when he saw the same judgemental glances as I did. Draco locked his jaw and bit down on his tongue.

"Ahh Mr and Mrs Malfoy, how are you?" Mr Cratched - I guess you could say this generation's Lucius Malfoy - stepped forward, blocking the path right in front of our son. 

Mr Cratched looked down at our son, stepped back and squinted his eyes in marvel. I squeezed Draco's hand, willing him to stay calm.

"We are well, thank you. How are yourself and Mrs Cratched?" I said politely, carefully watching Mr Cratched who's eyes didn't leave our son. 

"Hmmmm, oh yes, we're good. And Emily," Mr Cratched said, now addressing our son who flinched at the sound of his deadname. "- you're looking forward to the new school year?" 

Our son kept his head down, unsure of how to react. 

"That is not my son's name." Draco said firmly. 

"Your son?" Mr Cratched scoffed. 

I watched as my son shrivelled in on himself again. I could feel his anxiety grow as a cround began to form around us. 

"Yes, my son." Draco stood his ground. He looked around, also seeing the crowd that had draw to us. "This is my son, our son. He is strong, and talented, and his name is not Emily."

I stepped forward and took my son's hand, no longer fussed about the people around us.

"Come on you." I said, placing a finger under his chin to lift up his head. I smiled sweetly, feeling so proud as I looked my son in the eye. "You've got a train to catch." 

Draco came up behind us and kissed our son on his head. We walked through the crowds, the three of us, together. Draco and I watched, both full of emotion as we waved at our soon through the train window. 

"You can do this, I know you can." Draco said to our son as the train began to pull away. "We love you."