Chapter 02 - You're a good friend.

Friday, October 03, 1969.

Time has passed and Jade has felt a great deal of affection for Ryan and Roger and she is feeling something stronger for one of them, but, she has to be sure about her real feelings.

On Friday, October 3, Jade arrived from school late afternoon and had chemistry and physics exercises to do. Jade took a shower and went to prepare dinner, because her parents had not yet come home from work and Marcos was helping his father at the dental clinic. Roger is also practicing at his father's clinic. The young woman prepared dinner and around eight in the evening her parents arrived, along with Marcos and Roger.

Jade greeted her parents and brother and was surprised to find Roger with his brother.

"Hello Rog, good evening, what a surprise to meet you." Jade smiled at the blonde and he greeted her cheerfully.

"I came with your brother, because then we'll go to a pub with the boys and give Mark a ride," Roger smiled.

"We're all going to take a shower for dinner," Oscar said.

Everyone went to bathe and Jade stayed in the living room, doing some exercises in chemistry and physics. Roger realized she was having a bit of trouble. Jade is in her second year of high school.

"You're doing exercises on what matters, Jade?" Roger commented.

"Of chemistry and physics, but I'm having difficulties," commented the girl. "I have a certain difficulty in both subjects and it seems that with time it gets worse.

"I can help you," Roger said, smiling as he approached Jade. "At Truro School he took ten in chemistry, physics, and biology. That's why I got a scholarship to study dentistry.

"If you do not mind, I want your help," Jade smirked.

Roger smiled at her and at that moment began to play on the radio, the song Come Together, by The Beatles from the album Abbey Road.

"I just love this song, the Abbey Road album is incredible." Jade smiled. "I got it from my parents a few days ago.

- In my opinion it's the best Beatles album so far - Roger smiled looking at Jade - What's your favorite Beatle? Mine is Lennon.

"My favorite Beatle is McCartney," Jade smiled, looking at Roger watching her beautiful blue eyes.

Roger smiled down at her and kissed her cheek.

"I will not argue with you about this, Jade, who is the best, the two are geniuses and each one has his own opinion, but, Lennon is my favorite," Roger said to her again.

"They're both like beans and rice," Jade smiled at him.

Roger smiled beautifully at her and began to explain the physics and chemistry materials to Jade and help her do the exercises the teachers passed on to her. After a long time, she finished the exercise.

"Did you get the exercises this time, Jade?" The blonde asked.

"Yes." She answered him, smiling openly. "Thank you so much for your help, Rog. You explain the subject better than my teachers, in a much simpler way. I simply understood everything and will help even in my future school tests.

"I'm glad you understood the story," Roger smiled at her.

At that moment everyone went down to dinner. At dinner everyone talked and praised the dinner prepared by Jade. She commented that Roger helped her in the exercises and thanked him once again.

About ten o'clock at night Marcos and Roger greeted everyone. They would come by the apartment where Roger lives for the blond to take a shower and get dressed and go out with friends. Jade hugged Roger affectionately and the boy kissed her cheek and smiled at her.

"You're a very special girl, Jade," Roger smiled. "You're very beautiful, sweet and intelligent. Never change your charming way.

"You're a very special boy too, Rog," Jade smiled. "You're also very handsome, funny, smart. I also say never to change your charming way, Rog.

"I'm jealous," Marcos said, folding his arms. "What about me?" What do you have to say about me? I love you very much, my sister.

Jade smiled at her brother and hugged him tightly, kissing him on the cheek.

"You're all this too, my brother, the best brother in the world." Jade smiled, kissing his brother's face. "I love you very much.

Roger watched the affection between Jade and Marcos and remembered his relationship with his younger sister, Clare who lives in Truro. He misses his sister so much, but, whenever he can visit often.

"No need to be jealous, Mark," Jade smiled. "You're the best brother in the world, a good friend, my angel, my protector. And as for you, Rog, you're a good friend to me.

Roger looked at her and smiled at Jade, but she felt a pang of sadness in her heart, for she felt that she really only liked him as a friend.

"You're a good friend too, Jade," Roger said back to the girl.

The blonde was deeply sad.

To be continued.