Chapter 14 - Disappointments.

January 1974.

During the month of January, Mick Rock took the photos for the cover and back cover of Queen's second album, titled Queen II. Jade helped to assist Mick Rock. They took pictures of the band dressed all in white, with a white background, which belongs to the white side of the album and the black background, with the band dressed in black, to the black side of the album.Jade found the photos taken by Mick Rock incredible and helped her as a photo assistant. Jade will go to college for the last year and continues to practice in the magazine, writing once a week the article about a Rock and Roll band.

Throughout the month of January, Freddie, Brian, Roger and John also rehearsed to attend the music festival that they will attend Sunbury in Australia at Private Farm. The band's performance is scheduled for February 2, but the band will travel on January 28th, on Monday. The boys will take their girlfriends and Jade was called by Trident Studios to travel with the band and take pictures of the Queen's performance. As Jade is still on vacation from college, she accepted. It will be the first time she will travel to Australia. As for Ryan she commented with her boyfriend about the trip and was worried that he would be annoyed to travel without him.

"I hope you're not upset my love," Jade said, kissing her boyfriend's lips and Ryan kissed her in love, hugging her tightly, because she knows she'll be leaving soon.

- I do not mind my love, I know it's your job and I'm very proud of you. I hope you do a great job with the band, you deserve it, you're competent, Jade - Ryan said smiling at her.

Jade smiled at her boyfriend and they kissed. Ryan was already thinking how he would tell Jade that he will fight in the Vietnam War.

Saturday, January 26, 1974.

Ryan and Jade were watching a romantic movie in the living room at the girl's parents' house. They had already eaten popcorn and were hugging each other, hands clasped together. They kissed non-stop and Ryan was very fond of his girlfriend, surprising Jade. At the end of the movie, Jade looked at Ryan and smiled at him beautifully.

- What is going on? You look so romantic. Please do not misunderstand, I'm not saying you're not romantic, but, today it's over and I confess I'm loving it. "She smiled at him as she kissed him on the lips.

Ryan kissed her back and hugged her tightly and smelled the scent of her girlfriend's floral scent and smiled.

"You deserve all the love, all the affection in the world, my brunette with the most beautiful green eyes." He smiled at her and Jade smiled.

"Every passing time I love you more and more," Jade smirked.

"I love you too, my princess," Ryan said, smiling at her. "You're the love of my life."

"You're the love of my life too," Jade said, smiling, stroking Ryan's face.

At that moment the boy began to cry like a child.

- What was my love? - Jade asked worried - I said something wrong?

- No my love. You did not do anything, "Ryan said, looking up." It's me, we need to talk.

"What's happening, my angel?" Jade said as she ran her hand through her troubled boyfriend's hair.

"Jade, my love, I'm sorry, but we'll have to be apart for a while, because I'm leaving," Ryan said.

Jade looked at him confused and worried, not knowing what to say. Ryan took a deep breath and continued to say,

" Jade, my love, I'll leave for the United States in the next few weeks. I will spend three months in my home country receiving military training and when it is in May, I will leave for Vietnam. I will fight in the Vietnam War. - Ryan said crying.