Chapter 17 - Will you marry me?

Wednesday, February 6, 1974.

Since returning from Australia, Jade had not contacted Ryan. It's nine o'clock at night. The girl knows that the next morning, her boyfriend will be leaving for New York, but she makes no mention of calling him. Jade was in her room, writing her first book when her mother appeared in her bedroom.

"Jade, call you, pick up the phone," her mother said. "It's Ryan.

Jade looked at the cordless phone in her room. She shook her head. His mother left the room. Jade picked up the phone.

- May I help? She said into the phone.

"Hi Jade," Ryan said from the other end of the line. "I just want to let you know that my flight to New York is scheduled for tomorrow at ten in the morning. If you want to come in an hour earlier to say goodbye to me, fine, now if you do not go, I'll be sure that our courtship is over. It's over. And that you do not love me anymore, or else, that your hurt is greater than the love you supposedly felt for me.

Jade was silent with tears in her eyes.

"Roger is already aware of the flight schedule and he will say goodbye to me," Ryan said. "I hope you go too."

Jade said nothing and only cried.

"Good evening Jade," Ryan said very sadly, turning off the phone.

Jade hung up the phone and cried silently. She still did not know what she would do. Shortly thereafter, she falls asleep quickly.

Thursday, February 7, 1974.

London Heathrow International Airport.

Nine AM. Ryan and Roger were talking before Ryan went to the boarding area. Ryan looked at his watch and was sad every minute.

"My brother, do not worry, she'll be here soon," Roger said. "I'm sure Jade will soon appear.

- In minutes my flight will be announced and I will have to go to the boarding area. Ryan said sadly.

Five minutes later, the flight to New York was announced. Ryan was devastated because Jade had not gone to say goodbye to him.

"I'm sorry, Ryan," said Roger sadly. "I thought she'd come."

"Give me a hug, Rog, please." Ryan said with tears in his eyes and Roger hugged him tightly. "I'll miss you brother, I'll miss you. I hope that while I'm away, Queen is very successful, that when I return, you may already be a Rock Star. Fight for your dream.

- I'll fight my brother, I will not give - I said Roger thrilled kissing his friend's face - When you come back, I'll be a rock star and will celebrate a lot together.

"As much as Jade did not come here to say goodbye to me, implying that we're not together anymore, please, Rog, take care of her, take care of Jade, in my absence, because she'll need support to follow front. Please, take care of my princess? Ryan asked Roger.

"I promise, I swear, in the name of our friendship, that I will take care of Jade until you come back and you understand each other, because Jade loves you very much," said Roger shedding a tear. - Come back to us.

"I'll be back," Ryan said as he reached for his briefcase.

"See you soon, brother," Roger said, smiling.

- WAIT! Jade shouted.

Ryan and Roger saw the girl running toward them, desperate. Jade stops in front of them and looks at Ryan crying.

"I'm glad I got here in time to say goodbye to you, my love," Jade said, crying as she walked toward Ryan and they hugged each other tightly, crying, excited.

" Forgive me for having hurt you," Ryan said, crying, kissing Jade's lips in a passionate way. I love you my love.

"The hurt's over, Ryan," Jade said, crying. "I love you too, please, be careful, back to me?"

"I'll come back, I swear," Ryan said, smiling.

At that moment the boy took a small blue velvet box from his pants pocket and opened it in front of Jade. It was a golden ring, beautiful.

- Jade, my love, my life, do you want to marry me? Ryan asked.

Ryan knelt down in front of Jade and the girl took her hand in her mouth in surprise. Roger standing next to him was surprised.

- Will you marry me? Ryan said again.

"Yes," Jade said, smiling excitedly and kissing her boyfriend's lips.

At that moment Ryan put the gold ring on the ring finger of Jade's right hand and kissed it.

"When I get back, we'll take care of the details of our marriage, my princess." Ryan stood up and kissed the bride's lips.

Jade returned the kiss and the people who were nearby cheered the whole scene in love at the airport. Roger felt an overwhelming desire to cry, for he knew that now he had lost every chance of one day having Jade as his girlfriend, as a woman. He stepped away from the couple as Jade and Ryan kissed. They stopped kissing and gave some seals and again the flight to New York was announced.

"I need to go, my love, I love you very much, I'll come back to you soon and we'll get married," Ryan said.

"I love you too, my love, and I'll be waiting for you," Jade said, kissing him again.

"Roger will take care of you in my absence, he will take care of you, my love, until I return," said Ryan smiling.

At that moment Ryan and Jade realized that Roger was farther away, watching the movement.

"Rog is a wonderful friend," Jade smiled. "He and I will be waiting for you, love of my life.

Ryan and Jade kissed one more time and the boy grabbed his bag and his passport and waved to Roger and waved to Jade and walked towards the boarding area.

Jade cries excitedly to see her fiancé, leaving for a bloody war. Roger approaches his friend and hugs her as Ryan smiles at them and nods once more before entering the boarding area.

"Rog, he has to come back to us," Jade said through her tears. "My fiancé has to get back to me.

"He'll be back, Jade. He will come back to us, meanwhile my friend, I will take care of you, as I promised Ryan, until he returns, "Roger said through tears, excited.

They kept hugging each other and saw the flight to New York take off at ten in the morning and Jade waved to the big plane.

"Go with God, my love," she said sadly. - Back to me.

"He'll be back, Jade," Roger smiled through his pain.