Chapter 25 - Bad news - final part

Jade wept copiously in her bedroom, for she had already received the letter from Louis XXX, Ryan's cousin, reporting his death on the battlefields of Vietnam. Her parents, Olivia and Oscar and Mark were all around her, hugging her tightly as she cried.

"My love, we're with you, by your side at this very painful time," Jade's father said.

"I've lost my love, Daddy," Jade said through her tears. "I've lost my fiancé, I'll never see him again.

"Little princess, if I could I'd take all the pain you're feeling in your heart now," Marcos said, stroking her sister's hair. "I'm devastated by this news.

"Daughter, we are here with you to help you," Olivia said, wiping her daughter's tears. "My heart is broken when I see you like this.

A short time later, the phone rang and Marcos went to answer, while Jade cried non-stop. Then Marcos returned to Jade, but no one asked who he was on the phone.

Half an hour later, the bell rang and Marcos went to answer. And then Jade's brother came in with Roger in the bedroom. Jade looked at Roger, her eyes all red from crying. Roger's eyes were red from crying too.

"Mother, father, we'd better leave Rog and Jade alone for a moment," said Marcos, also crying. "Then we'll talk to our little princess."

Jade and Mark's parents left the room. After they had left, Roger went to Jade and hugged her tightly, and they both cried, sobbing for a long time, holding each other's arms tightly in the presence of the other, which will be very important from now on. After they calmed down, Roger lay down on Jade's bed and put her in his arms, hugging her tightly and kissing her head, stroking her black hair.

"Do not leave me, please, I need you, I feel cold," Jade said in Roger's arms.

"I will not go anywhere, my angel," Roger said, stroking Jade's back and hair. "I'll always be with you, I will not abandon you, ever, unless you do not want me anymore.

"I want your presence always, Rog, I need your presence in my life, now even more, I need you," Jade said, holding herself so she would not cry again.

"I made a promise to Ryan that I'd take care of you and I'll do it in remembrance of him, I'll do it for the rest of my life, my lovely angel," Roger said, kissing Jade's head. "I told our friends we will not go out today, I explained everything that happened. I even called your friends. Then everyone will talk to you.

"I want to stay with you tonight, Rog, just with you." I do not want to sleep alone, I do not want to be alone - said Jade frightened with tears in her eyes. - I do not want.

"I'll sleep here today, my angel, I'll stay here with you," Roger said affectionately to her. "I'll stay with you, do not worry.

Roger was devastated by Ryan's death and cried softly and he will have to be strong for Jade, because the young woman will need him a lot. Roger hugged Jade harder and threw a thin blanket over them.

"Thank you for being with me right now, Rog," Jade said, crying softly. "I love you very much.

"I love you too, my princess," Roger said, kissing her friend's head again, and soon after they fell asleep.

Saturday, August 24, 1974.

At night, everyone went to Mark's apartment, which is in the Kensington neighborhood. They were reunited: Freddie and Mary, Brian and Chrissy, Veronica and John, Tim, Clare, Alicia, Jessica, Philip, James, Roger and Jade. Marcos picked up a bottle of tequila he'd saved. Roger opened the bottle of tequila and put it in the little glass for everyone. Ryan's favorite drink was tequila, so everyone decided to pay homage to it. On Marcos's shelf was a photo of Ryan and next to the photo was placed a dose of tequila, named after him. Roger handed the dose of tequila to everyone. Jade had tears in her eyes and beside the blonde. Roger handed Jade the tequila shot as well. The girl did not like the drink, but she would do it in honor of Ryan.Before everyone else drank, Roger took the word.

- That dose of tequila we will all take is in memory of my childhood friend, my heartfelt brother, who will always be remembered for his incorruptible character, for his intelligence, for his joy, for his sincere friendship, for always giving us the best advice . Wherever you are Ryan, we toast you, for the incredible person that was for us all and make sure we will never forget you, will be forever in our heart, a toast to you, Ryan, to my heartbroken brother, "said Roger. - We love you. Cheers.

"Health," he said, and then they drank the tequila.

Roger was crying and Jade hugged him hard.

"What will become of us without him, Jade?" I'll need you too, "Roger said in her friend's arms.

"I'll be with you too, Rog," Jade said. "I will not leave him.