Chapter 19 - Treason / Final Part

Sunday, February 24, 1974.

Jade invited Roger to have lunch at his house on Sunday. The blonde was and still took a bottle of wine to accompany with the Italian food. Mr. Oscar and Mrs. Olivia were having lunch at a restaurant with friends and Marcos, Jade's brother, had already made a commitment to some friends. Then the young woman prepared a lasagne four cheeses and the Greek rice and green salad and still made dessert of Fairy Cake.

One afternoon Roger arrived carrying a bottle of wine and was welcomed by his friend.

"This wine is extremely tasty," Jade smiled, looking at his friend, kissing him on the cheek.

"That's why I brought it, because I know you love it." He smiled at her. "And how have you been the last few days, okay?"

"Yes, my friend, I'm fine," Jade smiled. "Yesterday, Ryan called me and we talked a lot. I miss him a lot, but I'm glad he's okay. What worries me is when he leaves for Vietnam.

"You do not think about it now, Jade," said the blond. "He also called me, but on Thursday. Ryan is strong and I'm sure he'll be back soon. He will not stay long in Vietnam.

The two had lunch happily and then ate their dessert. After lunch they went to the living room to talk.

"And Josephine, how are you?" Jade asked thoughtfully.

- She is fine. - Roger said hugging her friend - I went to the movies with her last night and tonight I'll go to her apartment to watch a movie.

Jade was wondering whether or not to say to the blonde everything he witnessed at the pub Friday night. In the end, she decided to tell, then, she feared not to tell and Roger to know about the information for someone else, but for her.

"Is everything okay, Jade?" I'm finding you a bit thoughtful. "Roger looked at her suspiciously.

"I'm really thoughtful, my friend," the brunette said, looking at him seriously. "You trust me, right? After all we are friends and would never lie to you or invent something so serious.

"Of course I trust you, Jade, and I know how sincere you are to me and how much we are great friends, and we would never lie to each other on some very important matter," Roger said. "What do you want to tell me?"

Jade hugged his friend heavily and sighed heavily and kissed her cheek tenderly and stroked her cheek.

"You're so beautiful, Rog, and I confess I never liked Josephine, do not ask me why," Jade said. "But I've always respected her and treated her well because of you.

"What does Josephine have to do with all this, Jade?" Roger asked suspiciously looking at Jade.

"On Friday, when I went to the pub with her sister Clare, with Alicia, Jessica, Chrissy, Mary and Veronica, I saw Josephine at the pub," Jade said.

"Yes, Josephine said she would go to a pub and meet some college friends to celebrate a birthday of one of them," Roger said. "She had already informed me of that.

Jade sighed heavily, looking sadly at Roger, and the boy was looking at her worriedly, for he already imagined something was happening.

"She was with a group of friends at the pub, was not she?" Roger asked.

"Roger, I saw Josephine, but at the kisses with a guy named Philip," Jade said sadly.

- What? - Roger asked in disgust - Josephine was with Philip to the kisses? You sure about that, Jade?

"Of course I do," Jade said. "They did not see me, but I saw them and I heard some dialogue between them. Do you know Philip?

"I know him," said Roger, devastated. "Philip is one of Josephine's friends. They met about a year ago at a college event. They study at Maria Assumpta, however, they study in different courses.

"I'm sorry, Roger," Jade said sadly. "But, Josephine has betrayed you for some time, I'm really sorry.

"Tell me everything in detail," Roger asked with tears in his eyes.

Jade told him everything in detail and Roger started to cry and Jade hugged him hard.

"I have no luck in love, Jade, I have not," Roger said, crying. "Josephine is my third girlfriend and it's the third girlfriend who cheated on me, this can not be happening. I think there's something wrong with me.

"There's nothing wrong with you, Roger," Jade said looking at him worriedly. "These girls you dated did not pay, they never really loved you, but I still think there's some girl in the universe, will meet you and will be a meeting of souls.

"Well, I do not believe that," Roger said, crying. "Love only brings suffering, Jade. I do not believe in love, I do not believe in women, I'm sorry to tell you this, but, that's what I feel.

"I understand you, Rog," Jade said, looking at him, hugging his friend, comforting him.

"I will not be engaging her anymore," Roger said resolutely, standing up. "I'll go to Josephine's apartment and finish everything with her and it will be NOW.

Jade was worried about leaving her friend alone and decided to go with him.

"I'll go with you and wait for you in the car," Jade said, taking her purse and some things. "But I will not let you go through this painful time in love, alone, not at all.

Roger touched Jade's hands and kissed them and stroked her friend's face.

"You're an angel in my life. Thank you for saying everything to me, no matter how much it hurts in me, deeply. Thank you for your sincerity with me - Roger said looking at her.

"Of course I would tell you, my friend," Jade said, hugging him.

Roger and Jade left the girl's house and headed for Josephine's apartment. As soon as Roger parks the car in front of the building, he switches off the vehicle and looks at Jade.

" I'll go in and talk to this fake, thankless." I'll be here soon, Jade. I'll need your support to face this disappointing moment, again - Roger said looking at her.

"I will not leave you, Rog," Jade said, smiling.

Roger got out of the car and headed toward the building. He spoke to the doorman and shortly afterwards he went up to the apartment where Josephine lives.

Jade stayed in the car, waiting for his friend, about twenty minutes. And shortly after, Roger returned to the car, his eyes red from crying. Jade hugged his friend tightly and he wept in Jade's arms.

"Josephine confessed everything," Roger said. "I mentioned that someone had seen her with Philip in the pub and had heard the whole conversation. She confessed that she fell in love with Philip last year, but did not have the heart to break up with me because she thought Queen would still be successful. She confessed that she was only with me, because I had hoped that I would be a Rock Star, make a lot of money and then she would file for divorce and get everything out of me to live with Philip. Josephine is a demon, Jade. I'm devastated in love. I'm suffering a lot.

"I'm sorry my angel," Jade said, stroking Roger's hair and kissing his head. "What matters is that you already know who Josephine is and that she was cheating on you. You will overcome this pain, Rog, I will be by your side and I will help you my friend.

"I'll need your support and company, Jade, help me ease the pain in my heart, in love," Roger said, crying.

"I'll do my best to ease your pain, my friend," Jade said, hugging Roger tightly.

Jade promised from now on she will take care of him.