Chapter 23 - Twenty-one years.

Saturday, July 13, 1974.

Jade was in the pub, that her mother is a partner with another lawyer in the Kensington neighborhood. She is celebrating her twenty-first birthday, finally her age. Brian is still hospitalized recovering at King's College Hospital for hepatitis. He will only be discharged next week. Still, the band performed for the girl's birthday. They hired a guitarist to play for Brian, just for the party.Freddie, Roger and John have already started recording the band's third album at Trident Studios on July 1st and meanwhile, Brian finishes writing his songs at the hospital and will soon join the guys to record the album he does not yet have name.

At the pub there are Jade friends from college and high school. Her brother Marcos chatted animatedly with Clare, Roger's younger sister, and Jade smiled. She realized that her brother was showing Clare some feeling. Would Roger like to hear about this? Jade was worried if Roger would accept this normally.

Jade cut his cake with the number 21 and blew the candle. The first piece of cake she delivered to her parents and her brother Marcos and asked them to share and the second piece of cake went to Roger.

"I thought the second piece of cake was for me, but I've already seen that I was changed by Roger," said Alice smiling.

"Friend, please, no jealousy," Jade said, smiling. "I just gave Rog the second piece because he's been a little more present with me, supporting me with Ryan's absence.

At that moment Jade was sad and looked at her friend.

"I know my angel, I'm just kidding," Alicia said, kissing Jade in the face. "Do not worry, my angel.

After the party was over, around two in the morning, Clare and Roger were the last to leave, alongside Marcos and Jade's parents.

"Rog, before we leave, I need to show you this," Jade said, opening her purse and handing Roger a letter .

Roger took the letter and smiled at her.

"It's a letter from Ryan," the boy said, smiling. "I got a letter from him a few days ago. He's okay and his cousins ​​too. Soon he will come back to us, safe and sound, Jade.

"I hope so," Jade said, smiling. "See the words of affection and love for me, Rog. He even wished me a birthday. He said that he thinks of me day and night and that his love for me only increases. I dreamed about him tonight and he came back to me.

"And he will come back to you, my angel." Roger smiled lovingly on her face and then hugged her tight.

"I missed him so much today, on my twenty-first birthday." My birthday with my parents, my brother, our friends, his presence was wonderful, but, he missed, Ryan was missing - Said Jade looking at Roger with tears in his eyes - And as much as I have faith he will come back to us, I'm afraid something's going to happen to him, Rog. I'm afraid.

"Do not think bad things, Jade, always have positive thoughts," said Roger, looking at his friend. "Always have faith that he will come back to us.

Jade was hugging Roger and began to cry in his arms, feeling afraid never to see Ryan and Roger caressed her hair.

"I will have faith, Rog, I will have faith that everything will work out and he will come back to us.