Chapter 18 - Treason

It had been two weeks since Ryan had left for the United States of America and had already called Roger and Jade and was reporting how well he was doing and training to go to Vietnam in May. Meanwhile in London, Jade returned from college and Roger worked as a dentist at Jade's father's dental clinic, until the band's next tour that will begin in March in the UK and then go to the United States. Queen will be touring again with Mott the Hoople.

After Ryan left for the United States, Roger realized that his girlfriend Josephine was weird, far from thought and he did not know what was happening. He asked her many times and Josephine did not tell him the truth, he always invented some story.

Friday, February 22, 1974.

Roger called J osephine at night to go to the movies, but the girl said she would go out with some college friends to a pub to celebrate the birthday of one of them. Roger did not interfere, so he's not the kind of possessive boy and did not mind knowing that his girlfriend would be with her friends. So he scheduled to go out with his girlfriend on Saturday. Roger then decided to go to Freddie's apartment, where they would meet with Brian and John to write new songs.

Meanwhile, Jade had set out to go out with the girls to have a little fun and ease the grief of longing for her fiance in the United States. She went out with Alicia, Jessica, Veronica, Chrissy and Clare, Roger's sister. It was a girls' night and they went to a pub in central London. They ate and drank and talked about studies, fashion, work, music, of every possible subject. After a long time, Jade rose from the table and said she would go to the bathroom and that soon she would return. The young woman went to the bathroom and took advantage of it and touched the red lipstick. By the time she was coming out of the bathroom, she almost came up against a couple, who were clinging to each other, leaning against a wall. When she looked at the couple again, she realized that the girl was known, and then she realized that the girl was Josephine, Roger's girlfriend. Jade held her hand in disbelief. She then hid herself, for a moment, not to be noticed and she tried to listen to what the couple could talk about. Jade was outraged, for Josephine was deceiving Roger. After Josephine stopped kissing the guy, she said smiling,

"Have patience, Philip. Soon Queen will succeed, she will achieve a success, then I will hold Roger tooth and nail and I will marry him, but, we will continue with our love affair, because I love you, but, I staying with Roger, I will have a financial guarantee, for you and I. We will have a very good life and after two years of marriage at most, I divorce Roger and try to take everything he conquer with the world of Rock and Roll. Queen is a talented band and soon they will be recognized for it. Do not doubt it, Philip.

"I know my love," Philip said, kissing her on the lips. "I really hope that Queen will succeed soon and that we will actually make some good money through Roger."

"Roger is a very handsome boy," Josephine smiled. "But after I met you, I fell in love with you, Philip. And I'll do my best to get what's needed from Roger.

"Well, do this, my goddess," Philip said, kissing her. "And after we get what we want, we'll say goodbye to Roger at once."

"Certainly," said Josephine.

Jade listened to everything, devastated. She shook her head in disbelief as she did not believe Roger was being betrayed once again.

"Roger will not bear a betrayal in love," Jade said sadly. "My friend will be devastated.

The girl was seriously thinking if she said everything to Roger what she saw or else, she would leave that information to herself. Jade did not know what to do.

To be continued.