Chapter 10 - You do not rule me, Ryan.

January 1973.

During college vacations for all, the work still did not stop. During many days of January, Jade was involved in the work as a photographic model, wrote her book and was invited by Trident Studios to do Queen's publicity photos and she was very happy with the news that the boys gave her. The photos would be made on the streets of London on a weekend.

Friday, January 26, 1973.

This was the date chosen by Trident Studios for the photos to be taken on the main streets of London with the boys. Jade took photos of Freddie, Brian, Roger and John on the London sidewalks, beside the London payphone, among other places. Mary, Veronica, Chrissy and Josephine followed the photo session behind the scenes along with Ryan who wanted to accompany his girlfriend and see her work with the band. Clare, sister of Roger, was also present and adoring the whole photographic session.

The photo shoot began at eight in the morning and it was until one in the afternoon. They stayed the whole morning working nonstop. In the end, the photos were amazing. There were some Trident Studios staff members who also praised Jade's photos.

"You have a lot of talent, young man," one of the musical producers said.

"Thank you," the girl smiled.

Roger came over and hugged Jade aside.

"I told you my friend is very talented," Roger smiled, kissing Roger's face. "She's our pride.

Then Roger lit a cigarette and went to meet Josephine who was talking to the girls and Jade watched his dentist friend and musician approaching his girlfriend.

Shortly afterwards, when all the photographic equipment among other things were stored in a big van everyone decided to go to lunch because they were hungry and they decided to go to an Italian food restaurant that was close to where they were. Jade loved the idea because she liked Italian food very much. Jade and Ryan got into Roger's car along with Josephine and Clare. Roger decided to give his friends a ride. In the other car was Freddie with Mary, Brian, Chrissy, John and Veronica. After fifteen minutes they parked the cars in front of the restaurant and went in search of a table and one of the waiters found a table in the background and then they all made their food and drink requests and chatted happily about the band's album, photos , everything that was being prepared for the release of the album soon.

Some time later, everyone's requests arrived. Jade had ordered a plate of fried potatoes, Greek rice, and a large piece of lasagna in white sauce with four cheeses. Everyone began to eat and drink and Ryan had ordered only a plate of gnocchi and a glass of juice.

"Are you going to eat all this, Jade?" Asked the boyfriend a little loudly to the girl and the other friends looked at the couple, including Roger who watched silently.

"Yeah, I'm going to eat all that and still have my orange juice," Jade said, looking seriously at her boyfriend. "I'm really hungry , Ryan, you know that. I had breakfast at seven in the morning and then I did not eat anything else. I'm hungry and it's not always that I eat too much.

"I know, but I think this is too much of an exaggeration for you," said the boy, forcing his food. "Be careful not to get fat, Jade. I do not want to date a fat girl.

Jade was embarrassed by her boyfriend's response . Roger looked at Jade uncomfortably. and the girl realized that her friend and the others looked at the scene in silence.

"Well, I tell you Ryan that I eat the amount of food I want, whether it's too much or not, okay?" I do dance and gym classes, to take care of the body itself, but, I will not stop eating, just to maintain a pattern of aesthetics exposed by the media, that all women should be as thin as a broom handle and become up to anorexias, not really - Said Jade laughing wryly. - I love to eat and that's what I'm going to do. And if I happen to be fat, you just let me go, stop dating me, just like that, my dear. You do not tell me, Ryan.