Chapter 27 - Moving On

The rest of November, Queen performed in Gothenburg, Sweden, Helsinki, Finland and Lund, Sweden.

December 1974.

From the second to the thirteenth of December, Queen performed in Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Cologne and Singen, Germany. Then they performed in the Hague, Holland, Brussels, Belgium and Barcelona, ​​Spain.

On the fourteenth day of December, the boys returned to London. On the fifteenth of December, on Sundays, the boys arranged to have beer in a pub in the north of London, and Mark was present. The boy was worried about his sister, Jade. He said his sister had had blood tests that week and found that she had anemia and that she had to take medicine. Roger listened quietly, smoking his cigarette and drinking his beer. The boys looked at each other.

"I'm so sorry Jade asked you to get away from her, Roger. So you had not called her any more, "said Mark.

"Well, it's brother, your sister is being ungrateful to me, but I'll do as she wants. If she thinks I hurt her, fine, I'll have to break the promise I made to Ryan, promising to take care of Jade. - Roger said upset - I'm sorry, but I will not be after a person who does not want me in your life.

"It happens, Rog, that Jade wants to see you," Marcos said looking at him. "She asked me to give you this message. She cried last night missing you. She needs you, Rog.

Roger sighed and ran his hand over his face.

"I'm not going to see her today, because I do not feel ready, but I'll see you through the week, I promise."

Just then, while the boys were in the pub, Jade was in her bed, lying cold, and the girls were talking to her cheering her up. Alicia, Jessica and Clare were with her.

"I just hope your brother can forgive me," Jade said, looking at Clare.

"He will forgive her, he loves you very much," Clare said, smiling at her.

"Girlfriend, you can not blame Roger for anything, he just wants to protect you, Jade, it's time to get out of this deep sadness," Jessica said. "He also suffers from Ryan's absence.

"You have to move on, Jade, it's time, you're young and beautiful. Ryan will always be alive in your heart and will always look after you. He must be hating seeing you like this. He wants your good, wants you to go ahead and be happy. For this, you need to react. - Alicia said.

"I've been thinking about it myself, girls, I've thought about it all night, I've got anemia and I have to take care of my health too," Jade said. "As much as I still love Ryan, I know he'll be with me, to react and to fight for my dreams and also to return to live by those that I love and that are here, like my parents, my brother and my friends - Jade smiled at the girls after a long time.

The girls hugged her tightly. And Jessica saw that Jade was wearing the engagement ring that Ryan had given her.

"And it's time to get that engagement ring, my dear," Jessica said, looking at her. "Keep that beautiful ring forever, but keep it in a box somewhere, but take your finger off." Promise me you're taking the ring off, Jade.

"I promise, Jess, I promise I will," Jade said, looking at her.

"Count on us, for anything, Jade," Clare smiled.

Jade promised to take the ring. After the girls left, Jade sighed and realized the girls were right. She needs to move on, no matter how difficult. Jade took the letters he had received from Ryan while he was in the war. She took all the letters, pictures she had with him, and put them all in an old trunk, which was in the basement of her parents' house. Jade looked at the engagement ring on her ring finger of her right hand. She smiled and saw how much the gold ring gleamed on her finger and remembered the day Ryan left for New York and asked her to marry him at the airport for everyone to see. It was one of the most exciting moments in Jade's life. She closed her eyes as she remembered this memory and a tear fell on her face. She took off the engagement ring that moment and kissed him and put it into a small envelope and tossed it into the trunk.

"I love you forever, Ryan, for eternity, but now it's time to move on, my love, you'll always be alive in my heart, always," she said to herself.

At that moment she sighed deeply and closed the chest.

Monday, December 16, 1974.

Jade was already on vacation from college and internship in XXX magazine. She was at home and spent all day lying down to regain her strength, for she was feeling weak. She also took medicine for anemia and was fed with foods that have enough vitamin. Christmas is approaching and she has to be better.

At night, his mother made delicious food and Jade dined. Shortly afterwards, his brother Marcos entered his room.

"How did you spend the day, my little princess?" Marcos asked with a smile.

"Better," she said to him, smiling, kissing him on the cheek.

"I have a surprise for you," the boy said, smiling at her.

- What a surprise? She asked curiously, smiling.

At that moment, Roger entered Jade's room and Marcos smiled and kissed her sister's face affectionately.

"You'll have to talk now," Marcos said. "Rog, talk to my sister, please.

Marcos left the room and Roger was standing, facing Jade who was sitting on the bed looking at him.

- Please, Rog, forgive me - I've been asking the girl with tears in her eyes - I was stupid to ask to get away from me, I was wrong, please forgive me, I need you to move on, It has not been easy, but I do, Rog.

Jade cried and Roger approached her without saying anything, hugged her tightly, and he also cried softly in comfort. After a while he said:

"I was upset, because it was in a time when I needed you most, Jade. But, no problem, we'll talk about it a lot, because I need you, too.

"I know my angel," she said, stroking Roger's face. "I know you need me, too. This time we've been apart, I've learned about my anemia, I thought a lot and I know I have to move on, without Ryan being present, but he will be in my heart and I know he would not want to see me sad and sick, dreams, he would not like it.

"Not really, my little princess," Roger smiled. "You're forgiven, because I know you were confused. It is still very recent and the first months will be difficult, but the pain diminishes over time and what is left is the longing. He noticed that he took the engagement ring off his finger.

"It's about time, Rog. I should have done it already. - Jade said.

"And what did you do with the ring?" Roger asked, looking lovingly at her hair.

"I kept it in a trunk, in the attic along with the letters and pictures I had with Ryan," Jade said.

"I also suffer from his absence, my kitty, but we need to be strong with each other," Roger said, kissing her cheek. "Together we will face this pain. We will win.

Jade hugged him tightly .

"We'll go on, Rog," Jade said, smiling genuinely at Roger, and the blonde returned the smile.