Chapter 12 - The Letter.

After the release of Queen's first album, the boys continued to write new lyrics. Queen's first album was not very successful. It was ranked 50th in album sales. And the music press still spoke ill of them: they accused Queen of being a sexist, sexist, biased band and further said that Freddie, Brian, Roger and John are not talented, that they paid other musicians to record the album at Trident Studios. One of Britain's most famous musical magazines said the album is a bucket of urine hatch. Only one magazine spoke well about the album and it was just Jade's article. The boys were very resentful of the music press and promised themselves that the second album would be better and that the day that Queen is a successful band will ignore the same ones from the musical press that today speak badly of them.

In August, they recorded at Trident Studios the band's second album, titled Queen II. In a month they recorded the album. On September 13, they made a presentation in London at the Golders Green Hippodrome and Jade took photos of the band. In October, they performed on October 13 in Bonn, Germany and October 14, in Luxembourg City and on October 20, in London again at the Paris Theater.

From October 26 to November 2 in London, at Imperial College they performed and Jade was assistant to the famous photographer Mick Rock who has already taken photos of David Bowie, Paul McCartney, among others. Even in one of the presentations, Mick Rock was in charge to make the photo for the album Queen II and Mick had the idea to take a photo of the German actress Marlene Dietrich of the film the Expresso of the East, to portray the band through the image of this photo of the actress and it was agreed that he would make the photos in January of the cover and back cover of the album, which would have the black side and the white side and Jade will help him in this endeavor.

The band then went on tour through the UK as a band supporting the band Mott the Hoople. Jade just would not go with them to take pictures of the presentations as she would have to attend college and she is already in the final stretch of the semester. As for Roger's Master's degree, he had finished, but he had given pause to work at Oscar's dental clinic. When he returns from the tour he will return to his profession as a dentist.

On November 11, on Sunday night, the band said goodbye to their friends, because the next day they would start touring in the city of Leeds. Roger embraces Jade affectionately and kisses her on the cheek.

- It's okay with your boyfriend, okay? I do not want to have quarrels with Ryan. "The boy smiled." I want you two to be happy.

"Thank you Rog," Jade grinned at him. "I'll miss you."

"It's four weeks, I'll be back in December." Roger smiled kissing her cheek again.

Ryan came over and hugged Roger.

"We'll see you back, my brother, be successful with the band in the UK. When you come back, we'll have a celebration. "Ryan smiled.

"Combined," Roger smiled. "I'll call you in the next few days. We'll keep in touch and I'll tell you about the tour.

"Combined, my friend." Jade smiled, hugging him.

On the following day , the band went on tour and the days passed and Jade felt an indescribable saudade of the boys, mainly of Roger. The girl had never been away from her dear friend, so it was the first time and she felt a giant lack in her heart. She counted the days to see her friend again.

Meanwhile, the Vietnam war had had a ceasefire, but, it is confirmed the return of the war to the beginning of next year. Throughout the month, Ryan and Jade have heard from Roger and the UK tour that he is doing very well.

Sunday, November 25, 1973.

Jade had spent Sunday at her boyfriend's house. She had prepared lunch for them and they spent the whole afternoon watching the movie and eating popcorn in hot chocolate, because it was already cold. At night, after dinner, Jade was in her boyfriend's room, and they kissed each other in love and Jade stroked her boyfriend's face.

"I love you so much, Ryan." She smiled at him.

"I love you too, my love." He smiled at Jade as he kissed her.

They were both in tender moments for a while. Around ten at night, Ryan took Jade home, because the next day she would have college. He stopped the car in front of the girl's parents' house and they kissed again, in love.

"Have a great week my love," Jade said. "See you on Friday, my love.

"You too, my love, have a great week, my princess. Until Friday, "Ryan smiled.

Jade got out of her boyfriend's car and headed for the front door of her parents' house. She entered the house and Ryan started the car, to leave. Shortly after, Ryan arrived at his house and went to his room. She called Jade, saying she was home.

Then the boy opened the drawer on the desk next to his bed and pulled out a letter from the drawer. He opened the mysterious letter from the United States of America and reread it again, slowly. Then he sighed heavily.

"Oh, Rog, when you get back, we'll have to talk seriously to my friend ." I'll need your help, just your help. - The boy said to himself.

To be continued.