Chapter 24 - Bad news - Part 01

August 1974

After Rog's twenty-fifth birthday, celebrated on July 26, Brian began recording again with the boys after he left the hospital, but in the first week of August the guitarist went ill again and had to to return to the hospital, therefore, was detected with ulcer. The guitarist spent another week at the hospital and then another five days at home, recovering. Brian re-recorded with the band in the second half of August and was running out of time as Freddie, Roger and John had already recorded many songs and their parts and now Brian would have to record some of the guitar solos. The guitarist was scared to be dismissed by his friends, but Freddie, Roger and John assured him that he would not be replaced, just so the guitarist relaxed.

Friday, August 23, 1974.

After another day of recording with the band at Trident Studios, Roger gave the guys a ride and left them at home. They'd marked everyone go to the pub later, with the girls and Jade would be there too.

After leaving the boys at home, Roger went to his apartment and as soon as he arrived Clare finished preparing dinner. Roger went to take a shower and then had dinner with his sister. After dinner, Clare said:

"My brother, I forgot, there's a letter for you, I believe it's from Ryan, since it's from the United States of America.

Clare handed Roger the letter and the boy went into the living room and opened the envelope and took out the letter. From the moment Roger began to read the letter, his heart stopped beating for a few seconds and he did not breathe for a few moments, but then he let out a sigh of pain. Whoever wrote the letter was not Ryan, but one of his cousins ​​named Louis.

The contents of the letter were as follows:

'' Dear Roger, here who is writing is Louis XXX, Ryan's younger cousin. I'm a resident of New York. Ryan always talked about you and Jade, his fiancé, and he always said that if anything happened to him, I was going to warn you and I'm sorry to say, but, about two days ago, my cousin Ryan was killed in the field of battle. So far I do not settle for such a loss. My heart hurts. I already wrote a letter to my uncles and Jade. My cousin was a great hero in the war, helping many patriot brothers, but unfortunately he can not save himself. I leave my condolences, because I knew that you were his best friend, who has always been with him since he was a child. May God comfort our hearts with this great loss and that you can move on, fulfilling your dreams, just as Ryan wanted. I hope to be able to return soon to New York. My siblings and I want this to happen quickly, we fear that something else with our family might happen. I want your life to be filled with blessings. Roger. Hugs, Louis XXX. ''

- NO! Roger screamed in pain and Clare appeared in the worried living room.

- Rog, what's going on? Clare asked, looking at him.

- Ryan, my brother is dead! - Roger said crying as a child.

Clare took the letter from Roger's hands and began to read and brought his hands to his mouth, scorched and tears formed in his eyes.

"He left us, Clare. He left us. What will become of me without one of my best friends? What will become of Jade? - Roger said crying and Clare hugged the brother also strongly crying.