Chapter 06 - Photographic model?

When Tim left the Smile and Roger and Brian thought that the band would really end, Freddie auditioned for them to sing and he stayed in Tim's place. Freddie became the band's lead singer and pianist. And they started auditioning with bass players. Freddie started dating Mary Austin, one of the Biba store sellers. Roger, even without love, Josephine continued to date, because she could not bear to be alone, in pain to see Ryan and Jade dating. For almost a year, the band auditioned with six bass players. And when everyone thought that the band could not get a decent bass player for the band, everything changed.

In late February 1971, when Roger and Brian went to a party at the Maria Assumpta College, where Josephine studies, the boys met Chrissy Mullen, Josephine's college classmate. Brian was charmed by Chrissy and started dating her, shortly afterwards and at the party Brian and Roger also met another Josephine colleague, named Veronica Tetzlaf, who was accompanied by her boyfriend, electronic engineering student John Richard Deacon. John started talking about music with Brian and Roger and the boys learned that John is a bass player and invited him to audition for the band. Two days later he auditioned at one of Imperial College's auditoriums and was approved for his talent as a bass player as an electronics engineer because he created his own Deacy Amp amplifier and for having a quiet personality, being calm, different of Freddie, Brian and Roger who always argue, for anything. After John joined the band, he rehearsed with the boys and Freddie changed the band's name to Queen and drew the band's logo, which has to do with the individual signs of the band. The band's debut was on July 2, 1971, at the University of Surrey and John went very well at the premiere with the band. Meanwhile, Jade finished high school and her photography course and commented with her parents about the college she wanted to study. His parents did not like it, but neither were they against it. She had the full support of Marcos, who was in the senior year of Odontology, as well as Roger.

On July 13, 1971, Jade finally turned eighteen, reaching the age of majority. After her birthday, she surrendered to her boyfriend, Ryan, because before that, both had not had sex yet. Ryan, because he loved her much respected her, because she said that she would only give herself to him once he was of legal age and Ryan waited for her.

In mid-August, Jade got the scholarship to study English Language and Literature at King's College, to everyone's delight. Jade had been dating Ryan for almost two years and was very happy with him, but her boyfriend was very jealous of her, because Jade was getting more and more beautiful and was very flirtatious by boys. Sometimes she would argue with Ryan and tell her boyfriend that she did not have to be so jealous of her. Also in August, Queen was able to close a contract with Trident Studios to record the band's first album. They would start recording soon. In that time, Clare, Roger's younger sister, had lived in London since the beginning of the year to study Business Administration at the University of London and she became close friends with Jade. As for Jade, as much as she did not like Josephine, he treated the girl well, just for Roger, so he would not be upset, for Roger was his great friend. Even Jade did not know why she did not like Josephine. The fact is that Jade was annoyed to see Josephine with Roger. She still had not gotten over it, even dating Ryan. Jade also made a great friendship with Freddie. In the second semester of September, Jade began to study in college at King's College and quickly she conquered the teachers, for her intelligence and classmates, in addition, everyone praised her beauty. During the month of October, there was a competition in college, to choose the most beautiful student of the English Language and Literature course and Jade was elected and one of the jurors that was in the contest is an agent of photographic models.

"You're just beautiful, Jade, I could join the list of photographic models in the place I work," said the modeling agent.

"But I'm not skinny like Twiggy," Jade said.