Chapter 20 - Flirting with Jade

Queen went on tour on March 1st for the Kingdom, being support band of Mott the Hoople. On March 8, Queen II was released in the musical world, but there was no release party because the band was already on tour. Jade spent her senior year in college, worked in the music magazine, was writing her book, and still worked as a model photographer.

Jade missed a lot of the guys from Queen who were on tour, mostly from Roger and also from Ryan who is still in the United States of America. She took the time to write her book and go out with the girls who also missed the boys.

During the month of March, Queen toured the UK and on March 31, Sunday, they performed in London at the Rainbow Theater. At the Rainbow Theater presentation, Jade took the pictures of the band's performance. And in April, the band traveled to the United States of America, to tour the country of Uncle Sam.

Jade always heard from the boys about the tour, Roger even called her. And Jade was very worried about her friend, because according to Freddie, Brian and John, Roger is smoking heavily and drinking too much, even smoked marijuana and used cocaine in recent weeks, ever since he learned of Josephine's betrayal. Roger was disillusioned in love and is somehow punishing himself for it, not caring about the consequences. Jade saw reports from music magazines and pictures of the band in the United States of America and Roger with a lot of half-naked women around. The brunette was annoyed by that.

"Roger is acting immature," she told herself. "When I meet him, I'll have a talk with him."

What Jade did not expect was that opportunity would appear long before she imagined. The XXX musical magazine for which she works asked her to travel to New York in May to accompany preparations for Queen's performance with Mott the Hoople at Uris Theater. Jade accepted it at the time and when Ryan called her, she commented that she would be in New York between May 7 and 11 and that she would like to see the fiancé before he left for Vietnam, but, to her unhappiness, Ryan would leave for Vietnam on May 4.

"I'm sorry, my love, but we will not be able to see each other in New York," Ryan said sadly. "But enjoy the days in the city, you'll love my hometown and have fun with the guys in the band.

"Yes," Jade said sadly. "Okay, my love. Can not wait to have him back to me, Ryan.

"I'll be back in a few months, my princess." The young man smiled on the other end of the line, but he encouraged her to take advantage of New York.

The weeks passed and on May 4, from John Kennedy Airport in New York, Ryan called Jade by saying goodbye to her. He was on his way to Vietnam.

"I'll do everything I can to always call you, my angel, but if I call, do not worry, I'll send you letters." I know you'll be in New York in the next few days, so I'll do my best to call you tomorrow as soon as I get to Vietnam. I love you very much, my beautiful princess - Ryan said on the phone to Jade.

The young woman cried at the sound of the bridegroom's voice.

"I love you too, my love, I expect your return soon enough," she said, and he hung up the phone.

Ryan had changed his posture because of his unconditional love for Jade. He left the possessive side aside, still felt jealous of the beloved, but, controlled that feeling to the maximum, not to hurt his bride.

The next day, Ryan called Jade and said that he had arrived well in Vietnam. She said she will send letters to her soon, because she will not be able to call frequently.

On the sixth of May, on Monday morning, Jade has traveled to New York. She'd miss a week of college, but she'd already talked to the teachers and then put the story up with her classmates and the teachers for liking Jade and realizing how much she's an exemplary student, they figured she'd travel to work.