thirteen days and counting

stella - tuesday

I had yet to tell Dylan about the doorbell I found outside of her door. She was only just calming down, her brain going into overload as she tried to piece everything from the night before into her idea without her detective journal.

 "Well it's obvious who broke in last night." We were skipping out on biology for two reasons. One, all the boys but Ashton were in that class and two, who the hell wanted to disect little animals? Instead, we were sitting on a small hill by the caretakers home, on the opposite side to the school.

"Ashton did look pretty tired," I nodded half-heartedly along with her, trying to work out when I should tell her about the bell.

"Bet they're trying to get rid of any evidence that they know who the Ding Dong Ditchers are!" Dylan's mind was going into overdrive and you could see her struggling without her detective journal from a mile away.

"Dyl, they didn't just take your book..." She raised her eyebrows at me, her hands clenched into fists.

I scrambled through my bag quickly and handed over a small red bell with the words 'You've been ding dong ditched, now STAY AWAY!' Gulping, I handed it to her. Her face went from confused to angry, her eyes not leaving the bell. 

That was completely expected though. What I didn't expect was for her to fling it over the fence and let out a shout. Instantly, I grabbed hold of her arm.

"Calm -"

"They sent the Ding Dong Ditchers themselves! What fucking dicks!" Her face was contort with anger as put my hands on each of her cheeks.

"Do not do anything stupid Dyl, you never ask anything outright because then you won't get the answers you want." I re-told her one of the rules she had for all of her detective stuff. This one mae sense to me, unlike a lot of the others. If the guility person knows what you want to find out, they're likey to tell you something to lead you off track.

She listened to me, thankfully and waited till lunch to even look at the boys. I could tell they were reluctant to sit with us by the way that they walked slowly over to the table. They even paused at one point and Luke gestured behind them as if they were going to leave.

Something Calum said made them continue  walking to us and I turned my attention onto Dylan.

"Act a little suspicious but not overboard. Get your acting hat on or I will hit you, right?" She nodded, biting into her sandwich. The twins had two more than their usual friends sitting at the table today and we had to chose between sitting between the boys, next to the twins or closer to the table of snotty idiots that honestly made us feel sick to our stomachs.

Luke and Ashton sat either side of me with Calum and Michael slipping down next to Dylan. I saw her visably take a deep breath.

"Who are they?" Michael leaned in, whispering to us.

"God knows, don't know why they're here." I answered, realising Dylan needed to make sure she was calm before saying anything. They didn't say anything else to us and dug into whatever they had for lunch. It was then that the new people at the table turned to us.

"So, Mikey, I heard you're always the one to ask for gossip about the Ding Dong Ditchers?" All four of the boys heads whipped up as she asked, twirling a piece of her red hair around her fingers.

Surprisingly, Dylan elbowed Michael in the stomach making him cough and wheeze. "Yeah uh, sometimes. What do you want to know?" The way the girl was battering her eyelids at the boys was agrivating and I could see it was making Michael uncomfortable.

"Who was hit last night, no one's heard anything!" It came out as a whine that made Luke stab his fork into his pasta with unecessary force. I nudged him slightly and shook my head at him, telling him not to get angry.

No one was answering her and I was starting to feel awkward sitting between nine people who had their attention focused on each other but none of them were talking. Dylan dropped something on the table in between us and I looked down to see the doorbell without the label.

"It was me, alright?" She glared at the girl but it didn't stop her even slightly.

"But why is there no note? There is always a note! Trust me, I've talked to every single person that has been -"

"Holy fuck! I did something to get on the wrong side of them, my note is fucking different okay and I ripped it up so don't even bother asking to see it!" The anger in her voice made the girl shut up finally but she still looked suspicious.

The boys still hadn't spoken and Dylan focused her attention on me. "I'm sorry, Stel. Can we all speak... somewhere else, please?" She looked at both Luke and Ashton, not bothering to turn her head to the side for the other two. I watched their expressions go from confusion to worry though.

"Dyl..." She glared at me and, realising none of us had much of a choice, we followed her out into the hallway.

"Why the fuck would you get whatever idiots are the Ding Dong Ditchers to steal my fucking book!" I stood to the side and watched as the boys struggled.

"We, uh, we didn't mean them to?" Luke shrugged. It was obvious they didn't really care and Dylan turned on her heel to dramatically walk off. I shook my head at the whole ordeal and went after her. Ashton grabbed my arm, however and stopped me.

"Why is she so angry?"

"That book is like therapy to her, she needs it." I spat at him, happily tugging my arm out of his grip to make my way after Dylan. I found her by my locker, her eyes closed.

She didn't talk to me when I approached so instead I put in the code to my locker to get out my History book for the next period. An envelope sat in my locker that hadn't been there earlier. Curiously, I ripped it open to find one piece of paper inside. Dylan was watching me now and lent over to read it but she didn't say anything. All she did was gasp at the message:

                                               Ding Dong Ditch

                                               I know what you're doing, Bitch.

~

oooooooh is basically all I can say to this c: