five days and counting

stella - wednesday

Mum kept me off of school again, claiming that I surely couldn't be better after just a day. I didn't complain though and stayed with Dylan for the day.

Well, most of the day. She got a call around three and disappeared for two hours telling me she had course business to attend to. Her course was never interesting to me so I just curled up and watched Anchorman.

Once she came back though, we sat and planned what we were going to do. It took us a while to decide, her wanting to be close enough to actually get something out of it and me wanting to stay far enough back that we weren't in danger.

I had had enough of being attacked to last a lifetime.

Now though, we were sitting in the car - that we may or may not have stolen from my mother - at the end of Ashton's road, waiting for them to leave. We had stopped at Mcdonald's and Asda to get enough food to feed the white house as we weren't totally sure when they would be leaving.

So, to make sure we didn't miss them, we parked our car at seven and just waited.

And ate.

And waited.

For four hours. It was eleven when we finally noticed movement of the boys.

"It's also so much cooler when this happens on the TV shows." Dylan mumbled as she finished off her milkshake.

"We got food out of it." My stomach was officially bloated from the amount of food I had been eating throughout the past four hours out of pure boredom. Their car started so we started ours too, making sure the lights didn't come on.

"Follow that car!" Dylan laughed as she spoke. I knew she had always wanted to say that. We followed their car as they turned off of the road at the opposite end and stayed far enough behind to be unoticable but not so far that we'd lose them.

They didn't drive for long and Dylan's cry of "Stop!" made me slam my foot on the brakes at the end of the road we had pulled up on.

We watched Calum and Michael jump out of the car and run into a house a little closer to us than the car was parked.

"I wonder if that's where the Ding Dong Ditchers live?" Dylan shrugged at me as we watched.

It was only a few minutes till another car passed us and pulled up close to the car Ashton and Luke were sitting in. A man stepped out and started walking down the road, towards the same house the other two boys ran to.

"Do you think he's one of them?"

"Nope." Dylan looked so sure of herself that I believed her. "I think they're someone linked to our school." We both watched as the man stopped just before he passed their car and waved then continuing to walk towards the house.

Ashton's car lit up as he stepped on the gas, causing me to follow after him. I managed to get to the end of the road and watch his car take a sharp right to what I guess would be the back of the houses. 

I slowed the car the slightest bit as we turned the same corner to see Michael and Calum on the floor at the back of a fence. 

"Just stop the car." I followed Dylan's order and stopped, not turning it off completely, to watch them jump into the car and drive off. The man from the road earlier landed where the two boys had been seconds ago and watched them go.

Once their car had turned a corner, the man turned to face our direction. He waved again, this time at us and I got a chill down my spine. I shivered as I reversed, wanting to go home.

How had he even known that we were there if the boys hadn't?

~

i really really want to know what you guys think is going on but don't want to ask bc i'm afraid bc not that many people are active with this story comment wise? idk i'm just curious