two days and counting

stella - saturday

It took me a while to make that transition from a deep sleep to even half awake. My eyes weer stuck together with what I called sleepy dust and I had to rub it from my eyes before I could open them. Sunlight streamed onto my face from a window which was unusual and my window wasn't placed so close to my bed.

Blinking my eyes open, I faced a window that definitely wasn't mine. I attempted to sit up to get a feel for where I was but it was impossible due to a heavy weight on my waist. 

"What the fuck?" I shimmied, turning around a little to come face to face with a sleeping Ashton.

"Don't swear." Or a not so sleeping Ashton. His eyes were still closed and our heads were millimetres apart on the pillow. I knew nothing would have happened so I could easily relax a little and not panic about that.

"Why were we spooning?" Ashton's hand was laying on my bare stomach from where my t-shirt had lifted up as I turned and my it felt warm from the heat he was giving me.

"Little spoons shouldn't talk!" His other hand came from under my head and attempted to cover my mouth, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me even closer to him. I chuckled at what he was doing, trying to get him off of me.

"Ashton!" His arm was keeping my head against his chest as I chuckled, the other one moving from my stomach to around me and pulling my body to his too.

In all honesty, I had never cuddled with someone other than Dylan before and it felt nice, it felt normal and with everything that was going on, I enjoyed that.

I think both of us dozed back into a sleep as the next thing I could remember ws a body landing on top of us and both of us groaning.

"What the hell?" Ashton spoke, not being able to let go of me as the body kept us pinned down.

"I wanted to join in the cuddle," I recognised Calum's voice and chuckled, freeing myself easier than Ashton could. I was sitting on the edge of the bed, running a hand through my hair as I watched Calum latch onto Ashton for dear life.

Ashton still managed to sit up but he had Calum curled up in his lap, his arms around Ashton's body as if he was his dad.

"I also have some bad news though," Calum spoke from Ashton's chest as me and him shared a look, confused as to what his bad news could be. "There's another note for you two to check out." 

I was up in a flash, Ashton quickly ridding of the cuddling Calum and following after me as I flew down the stairs. I turned into the kitchen first, deciding that would probably be the best option and nearly smacked into Michael.

"Sorry... Calum said, note... where?" I was panting, out of breath from the speed I ran down the stairs after waking up. Michael immediately handed me something, one of the envelopes I hated with a passion.

I could feel Ashton leaning over my shoulder as I turned the envelope around and started to open it, scared to read what they wanted from us this time. I held my breath as I pulled the piece of paper out, scanning the words on it.

                                                      No tricks from us today,

                                                      a different story on monday.

                                                      We'll be where you are,

                                                      don't stay in your car.

                                                      Come find me

                                                      don't bother trying to flee.

Gasping, I looked up at Michael and Luke who were watching us for our reactions. I could feel my eyes were already wide, scared of what was to come. Ashton growled slightly, slipping around me and banging open his fridge door.

"We're going to Fran's. Somehow, they know we want to. So we're going and we're going to end this piece of shit once and for all." He had a bottle of water in his hand, staring at the lid a little to long and, once cracking it open, sniffing the water itself before drinking. Something had happened that they haven't yet told me about.

"You do know that's going to put you all in a lot of danger?" I let Calum pass me and leant against the door frame. I didn't think what they were planning was a good idea, they would probably stand no chance.

"I don't think we care anymore." Michael spoke for all of them as I turned my head to face each one. They all looked dead serious and nodded along with what Michael was saying.

Sighing, I decided that they weren't going to listen to me. I rubbed my head, my mind plagued with all the things that could happen to them. 

"Stop all your serious looks, okay?" They stared at me then, raising eyebrows and looking confused. "If you're going to throw yourself head first into danger in two days then you should probably enjoy these. Right?" They continued to look blank for a while till Ashton started to nod.

"Pizza and xbox sounds pretty good to me." The rest of the boys mumbled agreement and got up, moving themselves into the living room.

Ashton was last to leave and I grabbed hold of his arm this time, stopping him. "Don't hurt yourself, Ashton. Be careful." Weirdly, he grinned at me, dimples appearing in his cheeks.

"I'll be careful if you promise me one thing." He looked like he was up to something and I was hesitant to reply.

"Depends what..." 

"If I get to Tuesday, I want a kiss." He was still grinning cheekily as I stood there with my mouth slightly open. I hadn't expected something like that at all and wasn't sure how to reply to him. He didn't stop looking at me in the same cheeky, expectant way though and just waited.

"When. When you get to Tuesday." He took that as agreement and stuck his hand out, shaking it slightly as if he wanted to me to shake it. Rolling my eyes I took his hand in mine and shook it. 

We stayed stil then, our hands still together, neither of us talking but both of us smiling at each other.

"Lovebirds! You're up against me and Luke so get in here!" Chuckling slightly, we let go and followed Calum's demand.

~

ashton and stella. ashton and stella. ashton and stella.