31 - I love you?

9:00  📞

9:10  📞

9:20  Hi !

                                               11:45  Hi !

12:00  How are you? It's been long since we spoke last.

1:00  ???

2:05  Rahul?

2:10  📞

5:30  📞

5:32  Still busy?

6:00  Rahul? What's wrong? Are you okay You are neither replying nor accepting my calls.

6:30  Fine. I will speak to you later.

6:32  Please call me as soon as you can.

Nisha waited the whole evening, but she received no reply. She was worried. When he did not call back at first she did not bother. She thought that he was probably busy with a patient. The blue ticks indicated that he had read her texts. But why wasn't he replying then? She was surprised. This was so unlike him. He always replied to her texts and calls. And if he was busy in surgery he would specify that to her. Is something wrong? Is he angry? But why?

She decided to visit him the following morning.

When she reached Rahul's house she was surprised to see stroller bags in the living room. She saw Mr Adani seated at the table.

"Hello Manish uncle."

"Nisha? Hello dear how are you?"

"I'm good uncle. How are you?"

"I'm fine too."

"Uncle are you going on some trip?"

Manish looked quizzically at her. "Didn't Rahul tell you?"

"About what?"

"He is going back to Delhi."

"What? Why?"

"He'll be soon working at Fortis hospital there."

"But he told me nothing about this." She glanced at the bags. "And if he's packed. He must be leaving soon."

"T..."

"Nisha?"

Manish was interrupted by his son.

Nisha walked upto him. "You are leaving? For Delhi? And you didn't tell me anything about this. You didn't even call back yesterday. What's wrong with you?"

"Let's go up to my room and talk."

Nisha nodded and followed him upstairs. His room was bare, almost empty. His desk was cleared. Also his wardrobe was half open and she noticed just a few clothes inside.

"Sit." He patted the place beside him on the bed.

"What's wrong Rahul? Is something bothering you? Please tell me." Nisha said when he was silent for a while.

"Nisha, I love you!"

She was taken aback for a moment. It was not the first time he had said that. But he hadn't said it in a very long time. Years back when they were dating it would have been normal for him to say so. And she would have replied too. But something in his expression showed that there was more to it.

He chuckled and shook his head. "That's what I thought."

"What's going on Rahul?"

"I have feelings for you."