It's Now Or Never

**Part 2 on my Infinity War Arc

The energy shield shatters. Thanos and his henchmen pour into the field. Large creatures hurtle towards us. Iron Man blasts them with repulsor rays, Widow electrocutes the beasts, and Falcon swoops in from above with his guns. Black Panther and Cap book it past the rest of us and strike several of the aliens with their fists.

I stare in astonishment as the Wakandan warriors fight gloriously. "This is so cool," I nerd out. Hulk completely lets go, and I see him smashing through these creatures as they fly through the air. Thor completely destroys the giant space pods housing enemy reinforcements.

"Hey, kid. We need you. You can stare and watch later," Stark says through the comm. "Oh! Sorry! Right. What do you need me to do?" I respond apologetically. "Don't let the lieutenants get to the center of the city," he commands. "But who are the lieutenants??" I question.

Suddenly, a large brown, mesomorph, alien stomps right in front of me. It grins and says, "Move or I'll squash you like the bug you are." "I don't think so, you oversized coconut," I crack. It growls, "Fine." My Spider-Sense acts up. "Oh shi-" It swings one of it's large meaty arms at me, and I evade the attack quickly. "Dang. For a large guy, you move pretty fast. Luckily, you're not familiar with spiders," I joke.

THWIK! THWIK!

I web its eyes shut and attempt to pull it down only to be picked up by the same thread I'm holding and flung across the field. My mechanical legs extend and anchor themselves as I roll on the ground. "Well," I say, "that didn't work so well." I hear a chain drop to the floor as I'm attempting to stand up. WHOOSH! WHOOSH! WHOOSH! "Oh God-" before I can finish my sentence, I back flip into the sky, evading the large weapon this colossal extraterrestrial is utilizing. I land on top of the detachable block of the ball and chain like weapon. "Hey! Where'd you get this thing from? Snow Peak Ruins? That guard gave me a hell of fight before I could get to it-" The end of the weapon I'm crouching on gets pulled towards the alien, and I use this opportunity to strike it once more.

THWAK!

My fist meets its face. Luckily, I hit it with just enough force to knock it down to the ground and leave it unconscious for a few seconds. "You're not going anywhere," I say as I web it on the ground, "Thank God Stark made the tensile strength of this webbing strong enough to hold the Hulk."

I radio in. "I got one of the lieutenants down! How many more are there?" Stark sends me a list of names with intel on the remaining leaders.

Proxima Midnight: One of the head combatants of the Black Order. She wields a spear with an energy tip that can pierce through flesh like paper as well as fry it.

Corvus Glaive: The lieutenant in command of the army of Outriders. He is skilled in combat and deadly with any weapon, especially his spear that can slice through anything with ease.

Cull Obsidian: His large size gives him a tank status. He can take multiple blows and recover from them easily. Cull Obsidian is swift when attacking opponents; he is a formidable foe.

Captain Marvel's voice goes through, "Spider-Man, Proxima and Corvus are heading for Vision. The security in the lab they're head for is very thin. They need back up!"

"I'm on it Colonel!"

I dart across the field (there really isn't anything to swing on out here) towards the lab. Outriders begin to turn their attention towards me, and my Spider-Senses start to alert me that they're going to get surrounded.

Luckily, I've still got Karen. "Hey, Karen. I'm going to need some combat enhancements just about now." Karen replies, "Taser webs? Retractable arms? Ricochet webs?" "Better." "Got it." She replies.