Venting

**This is a sort of continuation of "That's What You Think" Really wish I could bring down a building right about now.

I pull my bag up to myself using a web line. My dad was in disbelief. I knew he couldn't believe that I was Spider-Man, especially after just dumping every negative aspect of my life on him just so quickly. "Now excuse me," I say as I put on my suit, "I'm going to get fresh air."

THWIP!

As I swing around, I just can't help but feel frustrated. I just told my dad how what I've been feeling, but not the way I wanted him to find out... I thought I was going to feel like if the weight on my shoulders would get lighter. It only got heavier.

There really wasn't any crime out in the city. No one was in danger. No police cars sounding their sirens. Just the torturing quiet of a calm night. My mind starts thinking of almost every possiblity of what could happen once I get home...if I don't come back home...if I just disappear. "Mom wouldn't recover from that...dad..he won't... He'll think it's his fault. But if I come back home, Mom isn't going to let me do this anymore...if Dad tells her. What if Dad tries to blackmail me... Use this Spider-Man thing against me. Tell me it's not an excuse for screwing up in school when it's not the only thing affecting me." My mind is just full with "What If's" that I can't calm myself. Even web slinging won't make me feel better at this point. Then I spot a building.

The banner on the building said, "SCHEDULED FOR DEMOLITION." I tighten my fist. This was  an opportunity to do something I would almost never let myself do. I swing off towards the soon to be pile of rubble.

 I swing off towards the soon to be pile of rubble

*********

My steps echo as I walk around the inside of the structure. I can see the cracks in the walls. Water leaked from the ceiling. Pipes covered in rust were exposed. No one was in here. I had this place all to myself.

"I know I promised I would never ever let my anger out like this-," I think to myself. My right leg shifts behind me as I bring my left one forward at an angle. I lift my tightly clenched fists into the air, "-but I can't take it anymore!"

THWOOM! THWUNK!

I shout with all my rage as I take out a wall with my fists. With my hands, I tear out a piece of an iron beam from the wall and swing it around with a web smashing pillars and windows. The glass shatters and flickers as it floats down to the surface outside. "RRAGH!" I chuck the beam into the ceiling, ripping a large hole.

"You two don't understand the pain I have to go through. How helpless I feel when I'm out there saving people when I'm drowning inside my own thoughts."

Chunks of rock, metal, and wood fly everywhere.

THWIP THWIP!

I get a hold of two columns and bring them down causing a portion of the floor above me to collapse.

"I screw up once without meaning to, and the press has to tear into me calling me a 'menace'. It feels like the whole world relies on me...but even that is too much."

Wall after wall disappears into dust.

"The worst part is they don't know what it feels like to be cursed with these abilities. It's sometimes something that makes you feel guilty for not being able to save someone on time... Because you have the mentality of 'I have these abilities and I can do so much more.' Then you screw up...you didn't act on time and now people are suffering the consequences."

At the roof, there is a large collection of cinder blocks, iron beams, pipes, and malfunctioning AC units on the ceiling

At the roof, there is a large collection of cinder blocks, iron beams, pipes, and malfunctioning AC units on the ceiling. Enough for me to end this.

THWIP! THWAP! THWICK! THWAP!

I leap into the sky pulling the debris upward.

"I just wish-"

And send it crashing down.

BOOM!

"-they would understand!"

Within seconds, the structure disappears into dust and rubble. Upon landing on a fragment of a large concrete column, I spot a construction worker approaching the site. "Shit," I mutter," I gotta go."

THWIP!

The sun was about to rise; I needed to go home. Down bellow the streets, yellow taxis and metro buses were beginning their routes as usual. People were beginning to get ready for the work day. Restaurants barely opened up. It was a new day.

Whether I want to or not, I had to come back home, but I don't know what I'm going to arrive to.