SUSPENSE

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

After a short nap, Fitz started walking to the Big House to meet with Sandor, Grizel, Tam and Linh. Dex and Biana were already there, talking animatedly with Linh about something to do with a water cannon.

Fitz sat down in one of the armchairs to wait for Keefe. He noticed Sandor and Grizel talking quietly to each other in a corner. With the glamour they were wearing, they looked like regular elves. Or humans.

Finally, Keefe burst through the door, panting hard.

"Sorry. Overslept." He gave Fitz a significant glance. Fitz reached out with his mind.

What is it? Fitz questioned.

Sophie was here. Then, last night, she disappeared, and no one has seen her since then.

"What?!" Fitz exclaimed. Keefe made a shushing motion with his hand.

"Bring it down a notch or two. We should just ask Annabeth, she'll know what's up."  He grinned crookedly.  "She's kind of hot."

Fitz swatted his arm.  "She has a boyfriend."

"Yeah, but I bet he isn't as handsome as me."

But when the door opened, it wasn't Annabeth. It was Nyssa. Her face was drawn, and she looked anxious.

"Annabeth will be here soon. We just discovered one of our campers were missing." She shut the door.

None of the elves spoke. Then Biana broke the silence.

"Who was it?" she asked.

"Probably the dude named Percy," Dex said. "Remember, Grover said he wasn't in his cabin."

Then Sandor stood up and looked at them gravely an cleared his throat, sounding like a squeaky toy in a blender.

"There has been an attack in Eternalia."

The room exploded. Everyone except Tam and Linh were yelling, and the shadows were creeping up the walls. Biana was flickering.

Then the door opened, and Annabeth stepped in.

Everyone fell silent. The shadows slinked back to their proper places, and Biana popped back into visibility.

Annabeth stared at them. "What happened?"

Sandor huffed. "I was just about to get to that. Eternalia was attacked by a giant man with a bull's head. A minotaur. Three elves died."

"So it's happening." A shadow crept over Annabeth's face. "Just as Rachel said. The worlds are colliding."

SUSPENSE!  Sorry for the short chapter.  I will not be updating The Fate's Punishment this week, sorry folks.

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

Have a great day!