Dex is a Smol Tired Bean

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Sophie's mind was wandering. Once again, she had been left alone in this little cell-closet thing. Without enough room to stand up or to lie down, and the walls covered in sharp crystals, Sophie was getting just a little uncomfortable.

Her head rested in her hands, staring at the hair band on the floor in front of her. Annabeth and her had agreed on one additional feature. When she was about 20 minutes away from Sophie, Annabeth would trigger a switch that would cause the hair tie to flash once, letting Sophie know they were coming.

She wondered if the elves had arrived at Camp Half-Blood yet, and if they have, how they were reacting. She chuckled at the thought of Keefe teaming up with the Hermes cabin to create epic pranks.

Her mind wandered back to the strange voice that had contacted her. Maybe it was he that Sophie had seen in her memories of Vespera. Menoetius, she remembered. He wasn't elf or human. Could he be a Greek demigod? Could Vespera know about Annabeth and the others?

She obviously knew where camp was, but did she know exactly what it was?

If she did, Sophie realized, then they are in more danger than we thought.

**LINE BREAK**

Dex was exhausted. It turned out that Nyssa had given Sophie a tracker in the shape of a hair tie, but the location was muddled by the Neverseen's force fields. He had stayed up all night boosting the little receiver with the limited resources he had, and he finally had a lock.

He tiredly stood up, and began to trek to the Ares cabin to tell Sandor and Grizel. When he knocked, Sandor answered, and took the little tracker from him without a word, then sent him to go rest.

Dex didn't protest, and dragged himself to the Hephaestus cabin and onto the bed he had been lent.

As he fell asleep, one thought swam through his head.

We're coming for you, Sophie.

I updated, finally. I'm so sorry for the long wait and the lame filler chapter.