Wow the Gods Are Sooooo Grateful, Can't You Tell?

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

    Sophie was back in the halls of Olympus, facing the hearth in the center of the room where a young girl with long auburn hair was tending the fire. Sophie waved shyly, and the girl waved back, a smile lighting up her face.

    Feeling someone else arrive, Sophie glanced to her side and saw Lou Ellen there, equally confused. Was this another weird dream from Morpheus? She thought that he would have been put into line by the other gods by now.

    "No, child." A regal voice sounded from behind them. Sophie turned around quickly, and glimpsing who was in front of her, decided she better follow Lou Ellen's example and curtsy, which was kind of awkward while wearing pants. As she rose, she was greeted with the sight of the entire Olympian council, plus Hecate, who was standing slightly to the left of the circle of thrones. The person who had spoken was Hera, the queen of the gods, sitting at Zeus's side.

    "This is no trick dream by that traitor Morpheus. We wished to speak with you quickly before you regained consciousness from your little stunt." Sophie nodded, awed.

    "Your two worlds were never meant to meet. Our children and their monsters don't mix with the species of the elven world. To prevent such clashing between our favored peoples from happening again, we have decided to pull a veil down in between your worlds, like we have one such time before."

    Poseidon coughed into his arm and muttered a quick "they don't know about that yet." Hera ignored him and continued.

    "Your world will not encounter our world again, and you will stay completely separate. We are allowing those involved in this little clash to keep their memories as a sign of goodwill, but you will not be permitted to speak to each other again, and if you try to find each other, your memories will be erased. You may ask one question to us each and we will answer to an extent we deem appropriate. Sophie?"

    Sophie's brain was boiling with questions, but she decided to ask one that had been pressing on her mind for a few days now, ever since it happened. "Why was I claimed by all the gods at Camp Half-Blood after I fell off the roof?" Hera nodded in satisfaction.

    "Athena, would you care to explain?" Athena somehow sat up even straighter than she had been before in her throne and cleared her throat.

    "You are something unique, Sophie Elizabeth Foster. Your Mr. Forkle contacted us when he was making your embryo for the Moonlark Project. We have always had favored elves, as we have imparted upon them many gifts and abilities over the ages. He asked for many abilities and traits to be bestowed on you, so that you may enact change in the elven society. Each of us gave a little something. For example, I am the reason you have your 'photographic memory.'"

    Sophie nodded as if she understood, more confused than ever. Hera looked over to Lou Ellen next to her. "And your question, Lou Ellen Blackstone, daughter of Hecate?" Lou Ellen was looking at her feet to avoid seeing the council, but looked up to meet Hera's eyes when she was addressed.

    "If it's not too presumptive, my lady, I would request to hold my question until I have more of a need for it." Hecate nodded approvingly, and Hera sighed.

    "Very well then, I suppose you can go back to your bodies."

    Hecate stepped forward. "I would like a word with my daughter." Hera waved her hand, and Hecate walked up to Lou Ellen and whispered a few words in her ear. Lou Ellen smiled, and then the throne room was gone from Sophie's vision and the all too familiar ceiling of the Healing Center was there instead. Sophie bolted upright into a seated position, and moaned in agony, clutching her head, which felt like someone had taken an axe to it. But before she blacked out again, she could have sworn she saw Lou Ellen waving from a rainbow projected in the corner of the room.

AN:  Ok, this is the last official chapter, but I'll write an epilogue because so many of you suggested it.  What kind of stuff do you want to see in an epilogue?  Characters, interactions, settings, plots, time frame?  Please comment so I have some clue of what to write!  

EDIT: After careful consideration, and many terrible attempts at an epilogue, I have decided that this story does not lend itself well to one.  This is the end.  I want to thank you guys so much for reading and voting.  As of today, June 7th 2020, this story has more that 68 thousand reads and almost 1500 votes.  Thank you guys so much for encouraging me along this incredible journey..  I will be marking this story as completed and will probably go back and edit earlier chapters for minor continuity and grammar errors.  Once again, thank you, readers.

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

Have a wonderful day!