A Struggle For More Than Food

Sam's Perspective
I came to my senses and awoke, but didn't open my eyes. My arms were around something. Someone.
Y/n.
I held her closer and played with her hair. Despite the long and harsh journey, her hair was still soft and untangled.
I let myself breath in her sweet scented hair.
I felt her sigh slightly. I opened my eyes to see her looking up at me. She smiled and closed her eyes. Y/n shuffled even closer, closing the cold space between our bodies.
Normal Perspective
His body heat kept you warm. You felt so safe and so comfortable that you didn't want to move. But unfortunately all good things must come to an end.
"Wake up! Wake up sleepies!" Came Smeagols cry. You smiled and sat up, rubbing your eyes.
You yawned and stretched. You shivered slightly at the sudden cold but Sam had woken up as well and rapped you in his cloak with him.
"Stay warm," he whispered to you. You nodded a room a deep breath, and when you realeased it you could see it billowing in front of you. Sam suddenly looked to Frodo.
"Have you had any sleep Mister Frodo?" Frodo shook his head slightly.
"I've probably had to much, must be getting late,"
"It isn't midday yet," Frodo replied. "They days are getting dark."
The ground started shaking violently.
"What's going on!?" You shouted over the noise.
Tochi lept up and grabbed you by your shirt collar and threw you out of the cave thing you were all sheltering in.
You looked to the mountain as Tochi stood in a protective stance over you.
Smeagol ran back over.
"Come on! Must go, no time!" He cried desperately.
"Not before Mister Frodo and Y/n have had something to eat!"
You glanced back at Sam and stood up.
"I'm fine Sam," you said with a weak smile. The few food that was left was needed for Frodo. He was bearing the ring. He needed all the strength he could get. Your stomach growled and you held it briefly before standing up.
Tochi must've heard you because he licked your cheek and ran off.
You shook your head and walked back over to the shelter.
Sam ignored Smeagol's cries of protest and opened his back to see what food was left.
He pulled out some bread wrapped in a leaf and handed it to Frodo and yourself.
"Here,"
"Sam I'm not-"
"Eat y/n"
"What about you?" Frodo asked looking at Sam.
Sam gave you both a quick sad glance but hid it with a smile.
"No I'm not hungry. At least not for lambose bread." He chuckled lightly.
He shook his head.
"Sam," Frodo said questionably. He sighed.
"Alright, we don't have much left. We have to be careful or we'll run out. You go ahead and eat."
"Sam Tochi went out hunting and he'll-"
"That warg possible can't bring back enough food for all of us, whatever he brings back you guys can-"
Sam was cut off by a low grunt. You looked to the clearing and saw Tochi dragging a large deer towards you.
You raised an eyebrow at Sam and he smiled.
"Guess it is useful after all!" Frodo exclaimed. You all chuckled with pleasure at the opportunity of a full meal for awhile.
All of you rushed out and began a camp fire, hoping to cook the meat.
Sam skinned and cooked it while you sat and talked with Frodo.
He had been awfully quiet lately. It worried you.
"Frodo,"
"Yes?"
"I believe, I don't know how to say this. But, we need to take turns carrying the ring. Look at your neck, the chain is killing you." You said sympathetically. He glared at you for a brief moment and sighed.
You reached up and brushed aside his cloak to expose his neck to some fresh air.
"At least take it off for a bit. Give yourself a break, please." You gave him a sad smile. He nodded and slowly took the chain off of his neck and handed it to you. Without looking at it you placed it in your pocket and took Frodo's hands into your own.
"We are in this together." You smiled and embraced Frodo into a hug.