Chapter - 4 :

"Even you can think me cruel, but I care for you ❤"

~•~•~•~•~

Omkara paced in the room impatiently, trampling the furry Persian carpet under his pointed boots, as the doctor and the maid checked on Gauri.

She is so pale, he worriedly looked at her tear stained face, dark circles under her eyes, her skin abolished of any trace of blood. He flinched inwardly when the doctor pushed the needle in her rather paler forearm, into a clearly visible bluish vein running under her ghostly white skin.

Unable to endure the sight of her being pricked by needles, he stomped off the room, pushing into a shadowy room. stood before him a crowd of unfinished broken statues, of men, of women, rows of canvases, colours carelessly splashed on them.

'You want an explanation!', it was a question, rather than a statement.

He stood there swelling his chest, completely aware of them being lifeless, yet, he hissed,

'I don't need to explain my actions! I owe to none!! I do, what I like!', he kicked one of the statues, the poor thing shattered into pieces, upon kissing the ground. 'I need to hate women!! Do you get that?? Do (broke one statue) you (broke another) get (and other) that (and other)???'

He halted panting. It was more of emotional exhaustion, not a physical one. Picking up a smaller one, he threw that across the room, causing it to hit the wall opposite him and get crumbled.

'You dare not cross me...', he cried his lungs out in frustration.

He himself was puzzled. Apart from Riddhima and Ishana, he had eight girls killed and stored in the basement cellar. Even their scream to death and begging for life didn't have the effect that this tiny woman's tears had on his heart.

Not that he was falling for her, no! He had passed the days of rainbow love long ago, even before experiencing his first attraction. But, her picture only created a myriad of opposite emotions in his heart, making it thunder upon his poor ribcage, emotionally weak.

A part of him wanted to punish her in worst possible way for disrespecting him, but a small voice at the back of his head tried fervently to reign his anger back.

She is a young girl Om! No young spirit can endure the blow on their self esteem, who knows better than you?

He paused momentarily and started walking again, but in a relaxed mood. But his feet got faster when the memories ran back before the inner eyelids of his closed eyes.

*****

'Omkara! You will go to Sydney Business School for MBA, and that's final!!', Mr. Oberoi snarled at the gawky young man, Him.