Chapter : 21

"World's worst marriage proposal is the one you can't deny."

                           ~•~•~•~•~

Gauri was hugging a sobbing Omkara nuzzling his face on her heart. Fountains of bright moon beams washed over the hillscapes of Panchghani, reviving them with the glory of the moon.

So was Omkara's tears. He missed his mumma, he missed the sanctuary of her embrace, and Gauri's little hands gave him the slight feeling of at home. Her whole presence felt as home.

He needed this feeling. Gauri was no test subject for him anymore. She was his, she was born to be his. He knew it the moment he held her in his fragile arms for the first time. Whatever she felt, however she behaved, didn't matter to him anymore. He had to make her his, officially.

He rose from her embrace. Wiping away the tears, he cupped her small face in his large hands. She was crying all along. Why? Why is she sorry for my loss? Is this what love does to us? To feel the pain of our loved ones for them? Wait. She loves me?
He gulped his saliva. No. Women are great tricksters. And their most powerful magic wand is their tears. It can catch any observer's heart off guard. Even then, I cannot ignore the emotions she creates inside my ribs, around my pumping ball of life, squeezing it in an unexplainable pain, I  never felt before, but want to drown in that intoxicating torture again and again. Oh woman! What thou dost to me!

His trance broke at the curious gaze drilling through his skull. Blinking rapidly, he tightened his hold at her little face,

'Will you marry me, Jaan?'

Thanks to their proximity, he could feel his doll's heartbeat skip a beat and she looked at him, her mouth slightly ajar, dumbfounded.

'I'm waiting for your answer Jaan.'

After gasping slowly like a fish, Gauri found her voice,

'Why asking the obvious? Do I have any choice other than agreeing?'

She scoffed.

'Now now Jaan, don't make a face like that. I can't control myself from kissing you', Omkara pouted.

'Oh really! But it doesn't suit the man who kidnapped me and now forcing his decisions upon me,' sarcasm dripped from her voice.

'Jaan, like it or not, you're going to be my bride and enjoy your married life', he was enjoying the annoyed frowns on her face. Someone else in place of her would have been pried to some punishment, but he couldn't put Gauri in the same line with the whores.