Chapter : 20

"I don't know why, but I can't afford losing you."

~•~•~•~•~

Her whole body felt as if on fire. Slowly inhaling the air, she recognised the known smell of medicines, phenyl, and haughty room freshener almost choking her. Just then, a screeching voice entered her ear along with a furious sniff.

'Seems like fire is in over obsessive love with you, my dear nephew.. Ahan, step nephew. Look! He or, She doesn't endure anyone else catching your attention', the voice pauses, 'it wants you to fear it for life, else it will burn down every single person causing your distraction', her voice was like scaring a kid of ghost under his bed, 'I swear on my teeth.'

'Aunt Roop!', Shivaay chided, 'Now, our Ri's safety and health is more important. And please, don't dig in old wounds, it was just an accident!'

Gauri tried to move her hands, but a pain shot up making her whimper shortly. Opening her eyes, her hazel orbs collided with a very familiar pair of black orbs, widened like a scared kid. And soon followed the super irritating dear addressing, 'Jaan!', relief washing over the little endearment of the speaker along with some droplets of water.

'Ah, aah!', Gauri's face retorted in pain.

'She's awake! She's awake!! Doctor!!!', Omkara cried out loud.

The doctor rushed in along with the nurse. The Oberois were sent outside.

'Miss Trivedi, how are you now?'

'I.. I'm fine, but this blisters.. They hurt a lot.'

'It will. But you could have been burnt pretty badly.. Thanks to your presence of mind, the buckets of water saved you.'

Gauri's face lit up with a smile in spite of the inflammation in her skin.

'Doctor! Can we take her home soon?', Rudra attacked the doctor as soon as he came out of the burnt ward.

'Yes Mr. Oberoi. Thanks to her presence of wit, she got saved this time. You can take her home within a few hours and make sure her burns don't catch infection. Rest is assured.'

As the doctor left, Omkara ordered Dandi to bring the car along with proper placement to lie Gauri down in the backseat.

'But Om, how would you take care of her alone in there? Let's take her to Mumbai', Anika's eyes lit up to the chance to have her Chutki to herself for some more time.

'I'm afraid your wish can't be granted Anika, I trust my servants far more than your so called real family'.

Soon after fulfilling the discharge formalities, Omkara and Gauri left for Panchghani.