Chapter : 55

"I held your hand, not to protect you.. But not to let you go ever."

"I will never love you for who you are, ever!"

~ Gauri
(The Fairytale I Never Dream Of)

~•~•~•~•~

Omkara was still roaming around the walls of Oberoi Mansion like a wounded lion. Even on continuous pestering by Dandi, he didn't clean himself up.

'Dandi! How long will it take to find those bloody damn blind spots??', he roared at Dandi, who was still looming over the man who was fumbling with the laptop, watching the coverages of the CCTVs.

'I got it sir!!', the man answered trembling.

'Okay, Dandi, get two men and cover me', he jumped over the wall with Dandi's help and ran through the thick bushes in the garden for decoration. Two guards were posted at some of those blind spots and with one jab on the side of their necks by Omkara, laid them face flat on the ground.

Standing just at beneath the window of Gauri's bedroom, he looked around puzzled. There was even not a water pipe which he could creep up to that window. The window was in first floor and he couldn't even get a rope.

'Damn it!', he punched the wall.

'Master, when you know she's here, why torturing yourself? Let's clean up and wait for morning. Then you can make a grand entry surprising -'

'Shut the fuck up Dandi', he raised a punch, but controlled himself.

Thinking for sometime, Dandi noticed a tree at a distance, but a strong branch reached the wall till the height of the window.

'Master, can you jump from that branch to the window? Its a one shot. If you fall, you'll land into the cover range of the CCTV', Dandi looked high up.

'I don't care. As long as my Gauri is alright', Omkara held Dandi's hand and adjusted himself on the inclined bole of the tree and struggled towards the branch of the tree. Balancing himself on the narrow round pole, he looked straight ahead of him. The window was open luckily, and he could see at a distance, the chocolate brown hair scattered on the milky white bedsheet.

He sent a message to Dandi,

Move out the moment I jump in. Be safe.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and jumped towards the window, making Dandi cover his eyes with his hands in fear.

*****

Gauri stirred in alarm when a loud thud entered her ears. She intended to  sleep, but shot up on the bed when faint footsteps approached her.

Holding a pillow before her face, she stuttered, 'Who's there?'

But she dropped the pillow in shock when the unmistakable silhouette of the long haired man stood by the window, blocking the beams of moon.