Chapter : 39

"I will get to see you, this thought only can wake me up from dead."

~•~•~•~•~

Much to Omkara's relief, Naynika kept a decent distance from him throughout the day. In evening, he called at the front desk of his office.

'Good evening sir, how can I help you?', the receptionist asked politely.

'Some men are called for an interview here. All those who will produce a card written 'Applicant for secretary post', send them to my cabin.'

'Okay sir.'

After one hour, some bulky men entered one by one in his cabin. He went through their CVs, and it was quite difficult to choose only one out of them.

As if God had listened to his prayer, a short man entered with a file. Gesturing him to sit, he started going through his CV, and at the recommendation part made his eyeballs pop out of their sockets. A certificate of excellence, Omkara Singh Oberoi, his signature cursive was scribbled as the proposer. He looked up at him surprised.

'Dandi, Master', the man smiled knowingly, 'I used to work for you before the accident happened'.

Omkara furrowed his eyebrows, 'Why don't you now?'

'Shivaay sir didn't need a bodyguard for you anymore, since you left your mansion in Panchghani, and he must've thought that you would live in Mumbai for the rest of time.' The man talked to him like he knew him for ages, making the air around them friendly, 'But, since you're alone again in Kolkata and looking for a secretary, I couldn't help myself from coming back for the same job under the same man'.

'You're hired. Take my card and meet me tomorrow morning in my house', but Dandi stopped his hand from forwarding his card.

'Bungalow no. 8, Shanti Neer, Newtown. Your address. I know already', Dandi smirked knowingly.

'I like you even more, let's share a hug man', Omkara hugged him, feeling the nostalgia again.

*****

'Gauri was walking while adjusting the strap of her backpack, and what she didn't notice was two men approaching her unintentionally, whisper-talking between themselves.

She staggered back as soon as she hit something broad and, hard.

'Ouch!!', she palmed her nose. Looking up, she staggered back more.

Red as a tomato in embarrassment, she looked down at her feet, chewing her lower lip, her heart pounding in her ears as she spoke softly, 'I'm sorry Omkaraji.'

She tried to brush past him, but he barred his forearm before her. Bending at her ear he smirked, 'How do you know my name?'

Gauri mentally kicked herself. Like seriously Gauri? How come you became so dumb to call him by his old addressing?, coughing awkwardly, she fumbled, 'I.. Uh.. I guess the board at the door of your cabin is quite readable, Your highness.' Gauri prayed the floor to divide and engulf her within. I made another addressing, wow.