Chapter : 10

"The King wasn't waiting for a Queen, he was looking for the Conquerer of his Heart.."

~•~ Day 2 ~•~

Omkara was getting ready in his suite for the second day of the exhibition. He was tying the necktie around his raised shirt collar, when the intercom buzzed.

'Hello?'

'Good morning Mr. Oberoi. Sir there is a lady who wants to meet you, but she is not in your possible visitor's list. Should I send her in?', the receptionist's over-the-top sweet voice tore off his ear.

'Not necessary. Ask her to wait in lounge. I'll come down in a minute.', he put the receiver in the cradle, annoyed.

*****

Gauri was munching her Mexican tacos with an unusual dip of garlic sause and Bhavya was chewing her piece of pizza with extra cheese, when Gauri suddenly asked,

'Bhavya, what is the date today?'

'Today? Today is 19th of July. Why?', Bhavya knitted her eyebrows.

'WTF!! 19th July!! Shit!', Gauri exclaimed.

'What happened?', Bhavya was dead curious.

'The day after tomorrow is the result of my last semester! And I'm detained in here!'
She starts fake crying drama, 'his highness has snatched away this little commoner's freedom, hey Shankarji!! What would happen to your birdie.. I'm not allowed to even attend my graduation ceremony.. '

Bhavya slapped her own forehead in exasperation.

'Ma'am, I think you should ask Dandi sir about it', Bhavya suggested.

'Hmph! He will decline straight away. If he doesn't, then that Omkara Nasty-Handsome-Sexy-Sadu-Akdu-Jatadhari-Hippie Singh Oberoi surely would!!

'I.. (muffled a laughter) think! You (another laughter).. are (and other).. Right (and other)! Ma'am!', Bhavya agreed with a herculean effort to not laugh out loud, tears leaking from her eyes in protest.

*****

Getting ready, Omkara came down in the lounge. A blonde with hazel eyes hurried towards him.

'Hello Mr. Oberoi. This is Alice Foster', she forwarded her hand for a shake.

'Hello Ms. Foster. Good morning. So, how can I help you?'

Alice Foster can easily be compared with the women who never care for their dignity. Her skimpy red dress fitting her like a glove, her breasts on proud display, her red lipstick so deep and overdone that it seemed as fake lips poking out of her real mouth. But to keep it formal, she had lighter eye makeup and a pair of beige stilettoes.