Chapter : 25

"To some, it is an expression of love, to some, it is the way to establish their male dominance or satisfy their lust, science says it is a common physical phenomenon like eating, sleeping, exercising.. But to me, its in and above all these - Its my way to worship love."

~•~•~•~•~

With a frown, Gauri received the call.

'Ri?'

'What now, Ru?'

'Ri, I'm sorry.. I didn't know O would get so fast, I couldn't.. I'm sorry Ri.'

'Its okay Ru.. I was destined to get caught in his cage.. And I've accepted it..', Gauri sighed.

'Ri.. I will make sure you are okay, even if I have to oppose O.. Don't worry.'

Gauri chuckled humorlessly, 'I've gone far past to be worried.. Even my biggest fear too doesn't seem that terrifying to me.. Thanks for the concern Ru, tell Big Bro and Sis that I'm alive. Goodbye.'

'Ri! Ri!', ignoring Rudra's plea, Gauri disconnected the call.

*****

Gauri was playing games when a deep and slightly excited(?) voice startled her.

'Jaan', she dropped the mobile on the mattress and looked at her back.

He was standing at the door of the master bedroom. Hands in his pockets, a soft smile etched on his lips and his head tilted at a side looking at her. She gazed down and turned away again.

She felt cold fingers tracing her cheek, 'Jaan, are you angry?'

She sighed loudly closing her eyes, and removed his hand that was caressing her.

'I'm sorry Jaan.. You yourself bring such punishments upon you. What do you think, I like punishing you? Nah!!', he sat behind her and snaked his hands around her waist.

'I still can't believe we got married.. It feels like a beautiful fantasy which will shatter any moment. I'm afraid Jaan, afraid to embrace happiness with open arms, afraid to trust my treacherous fate again, afraid.. That I may hurt you again.. Afraid, that I may trample the flower of my beating heart again', he breathed the words almost inaudibly in the croon of her neck, placing a kiss at the nape of her neck, as a fullstop at the end of his speech.

Gauri breathed harshly, her eyes still closed, 'I'm so confused around you Omkaraji. I don't understand you.. You are like.. Like an endless maze of riddles.. The more I want to get in, the more I get tangled into the web of confusions.'

Omkara got down on his knees before her. Taking her hands in his, he kissed her palms softly, 'Jaan, I know last few days were a wreck on you, but we need to talk, spend time so that we can get better acquaintance, we need to break the barriers of strangeness between us. We can try our marriage working out, we can start a family. A family I always dreamt to have, but was deprived of', he looked up at her with his black depth less oceans.. Drowning her in uncertainty, making her heart ache in such a way she never felt before.