Chapter : 32

"Death is sweeter than harrowing ars."

~•~•~•~•~

'Retrograde amnesia??', Shivaay and Rudra furrowed their eyebrows.

'Yes. It is a kind of amnesia which occurs when the patient receives some mental shock and to save him/her from the torment of the memories causing the shock, his/her brain erases the memories. Thus they cannot remember the particular incident or anything related to it.', said Dr. Ghoshal, currently the best available psychiatrist and psychotherapist.

'But, why did he forget us too?? Even his name!', Shivaay banged his fist on the table of the doctor's cabin, startling him.

'Either you and his identity also caused him distress, or..', the elderly doctor paused for a moment, 'Actually there are three types of retrograde amnesia. His case is quite close to a pure one. But, the good thing is, he remembers the daily basic knowledge, which means we can hope for his recovery. But, these assumptions are made only by two hours. I need to observe him more, to get to any firm conclusion.'

'What? But doctor, if we hit him in the head again, will he not recover his memories?', Rudra looked hopeful.

'I'm afraid that will be more dangerous for him Mr. Oberoi', Dr. Ghoshal smiled fondly, 'Even we cannot pressurise him to remember things. Take it as a resurrection where your brother remembers nothing and help him to lead a normal life, starting everything from ground zero again.'

'Okay doctor. Uh, once he is checked fully, can we take him home?', Shivaay asked while entering Omkara's cabin.

'Yes you can', the doctor in charge of Omkara assured the brothers.

'Thank you doctor. Om, I guess you should get ready to go home.', Shivaay turned to Omkara and his face lit up with a bright smile.

*****

Holding the handles of the wheelchair, Shivaay pushed Omkara in, whereas Rudra was checking upon the medicines.

'Okay Omkara. Its time to meet your family again. As I said, I'm your cousin and Rudra is your sibling', he took him near Grandmother, who stiffened for a moment and tried to step back, but with one eye-sign from Shivaay, she gulped and caressed Omkara's rough, disheveled hair.

'Grandmother', Shivaay introduced.

Omkara tried to bend and touch her feet for blessings, but failed miserably. 'Sorry grandmother', he smiled helplessly.

'Its okay child', Grandmother heaved a sigh of relief as soon as Omkara was made to face Pinky, and her relaxation didn't go unnoticed by Omkara.

'This is my Mom, your Younger Mom, Pinky Singh Oberoi', Pinky passed Omkara a stiffened fake smile, making him feel dejected.

'Your Younger Dad, my Dad', Shakti patted his head lightly.

'Master', Bhavya kneeled at his level, her lips trembling, eyes misted.

Omkara looked at Shivaay astonished. 'Master??'