Chapter : 40

"You are like an endless maze of riddles.. the more I try to get in, the more I get tangled into the web of confusions."

~ Gauri
(The Fairytale I Never Dream Of)

~•~•~•~•~

'I'm doing wrong!', Omkara banged his fist on the wall.

'What's wrong?', Dandi asked, confused.

'I just can't love someone by getting her to see only', Omkara breathed harshly.

Poor master, he thinks he saw her in these days only, Dandi found the job to be more difficult than before. A raged, confused of consequences Omkara was far more manageable, than this lovestruck Omkara, inexperienced of love.

'Maybe its just infatuation.. I'm struck by her beauty.. If I avoid her for someday, this will go away.', Omkara jumped so high, as if he had finally solved Pharma's Last theorem.

Dandi shook his head mentally. Master had lost it before, but recently he has started to show his eccentricity publicly. I'm sorry master, but it will make things worse.

'Master, if you want her to believe that you have nothing for her, you shouldn't avoid her. Because, she will suspect the obvious. Instead, you imagine her as any of your nameless employees and treat her as one - neither too gentle, nor too harsh. She will reciprocate the same behaviour you inflict on her.'

'Okay okay, I get it! Now, can I get out for the office? Tiwari is waiting', Omkara stepped in his white BMW.

'Master has become so sweet and humble', Dandi murmured as the car dashed off.

*****

'Good morning Sir', the flock of young boys and girls greeted him as they were also entering along with him.

'Morning', he smiled at them.

His eyes automatically started searching for a petite frame among them. But he reigned himself by slapping himself mentally. But as his luck was on a bad mood today, he saw her entering hurriedly.

Though he wanted to run away, his legs didn't budge. She almost ran into him, but stopped at some feet away.

'Good morning sir', she greeted him quietly.

'Morning', he greeted her curtly and entered the VIP lift.

Gauri heaved a sigh of relief and entered her cabin. There was a lot of programme planning still in blue prints only. She had to make a presentation out of them, finalizing the plans. As her fingers got busy on the keyboard, she couldn't help herself from losing into a trance where her fingers endlessly copied and pasted same designs and details on different pages and her mind started roaming randomly in the messy maze of her personal la la land.

He didn't behave cockily like last night. Maybe it was just an infatuation. Even before his accident, he didn't treat me as his lady love. I was his test subject who may had reached the highest level of his sick game, wedding- wedding. We never had anything between us, to make him feel connected to me like they show in the romantic novels. Nothing much.