Chapter - 7 :

"She was so naive yet so strong that the DEVIL himself descended as her Knight in Shining Armour.'

~•~•~•~•~

Omkara was astonished at her request, but he silently obliged her. She wrapped her tiny arm around his waist as soon as he lied down and snuggled at his chest curled up like a baby. He also slowly started to pat her back, rhythmically, as he whispered sweet nothings in her ears until she dozed off again.

He was staring at her sleeping face, and slowly a trance jumbled his mind and chain of thoughts, his eyelids became leaden, and he gave in to the tranquillity.

The phone buzzed. Omkara woke up startled. It was a dreamless sleep. I never slept so soundly in my life. The phone buzzed again, sighing, he received the call from Dandi.

'Yes.', his voice was raspy.

'The Italian clients will arrive here within half an hour master, they have headed for Panchghani long ago.'

'Okay, prepare serves for them and send the maid in Gauri's room. I'm coming shortly.'

'Uh.. Master?'

'What again?', Omkara was pissed.

'We.. Were you sleeping?', Dandi's voice was full of uncertainty.

'I'm a human Dandi and human beings do sleep!! Don't behave as if I have done any crime!!!', he barked at poor Dandi.

'Ye.. Yes! Master.. I should check the preparations.. ', Dandi disconnected the call hastily.

Omkara sighed again looking at the sleeping beauty beside him. Slowly and carefully he removed her arms at her side, and got down noiselessly. Tucking her under duvet, he tiptoed out of the room.

*****

'Mr. Oberoi! Nice to meet you in person!', the tall and tanned middle aged man forwarded his hands for a shake, his Italian root and mannerisms dripping from each and every cell of his body.

'Its my pleasure to meet you too Mr. De Luca.', Omkara shook his hands firmly with him.. Flashing a forced smile not reaching his eyes.

Dandi tuned out the whole part of their meeting as they continued to talk about artistic businesses, which he firmly believed to be residing in another world like his master.

'So, how long would be the trip?', Omkara's voice brought him back to his drawing room.

'Around three day's', Mr. De Luca answered, 'we can't wait to have you as the president of this exhibition sir', the man surely was very excited.