Chapter : 52

"Is this the end of our story, Omkaraji?'

~ Gauri
(The Fairytale I Never Dream Of)

~•~•~•~•~

'Rikara, at least let me pack my own bag sweetie', Gauri breathed out harshly, she was looking for the power adaptor of her laptop.

'Gauri, I cannot find my green tie, can you please look for it', Omkara hurried in, fumbling with the buttons of his shirt sleeves.

'Enough! Both of you! Just shut up and let me breath at least!!!', Gauri glared at the father-daughter duo, hands on her hips, 'I'm not your servant that you are barking orders at me! And for your kind information, I also have to go to office!!'

'Sorry', they resonated in unison, their hands held high in the air, surrendering.

Gauri finally zipped her bag and turned around to see Omkara tying the laces of Rikara's shoes.

'Let's go', he walked out holding Rikara's hand, not daring to look at Gauri's eyes.

The journey in the car was awfully quiet. Suddenly Omkara piped out of blue, 'We have an angry bird in car today', and fist-bumped with Rikara who was in the backseat.

'I'm listening', Gauri grumbled while putting her head at the car windrow, sitting at the co passenger seat.

'And we want you listen this thing', Omkara grinned widely.

'Hopeless', Gauri banged her head in her palms.

After dropping Rikara at her school, they entered the office together. Everybody turned at them in admiration, greeting.

Well, it had been two months since that awful night of Gauri's exclusion from her apartment. She was living with Omkara since then and to their surprise, their colleagues were very pleased to see them together. Why wouldn't they? They still remember the day after one week of Gauri's extrusion, when the ladies who bullied her came to her to apologize for their misdeeds, that too in front of each and every member in the office. They were just released from police custody and these was arranged by their very kind CEO, Omkara Singh Oberoi. The whole office shipped them, and they were more than happy to board the sailing ship of office romance. But, much to their dismay, Gauri and Omkara both were strict professionals and haters of PDA.

That day was two days past Mahalaya. The whole building was filled with excited buzz of people, asking each other excitedly of their Puja plans. Gauri too was very excited. She already had planned to cancel their annual tour and show Omkara the celebration of Durga Puja in Kolkata. And the reason was very small.

Almost one and a half month ago, the residents of the township came to Omkara requesting him to make a idol of Goddess Durga for their suddenly planned Puja. Omkara was denying at first, but melted when they said that the Kumartulis had already stopped taking orders and they cannot arrange for an idol in such short notice.

On the auspicious moment of the misty cold dawn of Mahalaya, when Virendrakrishna Bhadra's recitation was filling the ears of the city from FMs, Omkara took both Gauri and Rikara to his studio. He let Rikara hold the brush dipped in black colour and made her draw the three eyes of Goddess Durga. With the guidance of his skillful fingers clasping Rikara's little hand, the eyes stood out perfectly. Clueless of what to do, Gauri took the conch shell the maid taught her to blow, and blew it with all her force.