Chapter : 28

"It takes ages to build the sandcastle of love, but it takes only one sweep of suspicion to collapse the castle to dust."

~•~•~•~•~

'What???', Bhavya jumped like a kid, 'Show me please.. I can't believe my ears!!'

Gauri gave her the kit silently. Looking at the small result screen streaked with two pink lines, Bhavya batted her eyelashes dramatically, squealing and skipping, 'Oh my God!! Oh my God!! Oh my God!! Congratulations!!', she hugged the breath out of Gauri.

Not receiving any reaction from Gauri at all, Bhavya parted away from Gauri and asked her worriedly, ' Are you alright??'

'I don't know how to feel, how to react. Everything is happening so fast.. First kidnapping, then a rushed marriage.. Now pregnancy..', Gauri pressed her lips.

'I understand ma'am. But please look at the bright side.. You are to give master the biggest happiness of his life. I know, his way of showing love and affection is very different.. But, he will now treat you as a princess.. May be he reduces the mental pressure upon your mind too.

'Hope so', Gauri smiled faintly.

'Now leave this long tee and wear something nice. We're going to the doctor. Your test reports will also arrive by tomorrow along with master!! Now let's get going!!'

*****

'Passengers please attention.. We are going to land within fifteen minutes. Please fasten you seatbelts.. I repeat...'

Omkara tapped his foot happily on the floor of the business class section. He was to come back the next day, but felt like returning late night. Last time while returning from Italy, he was given a really pleasant present by Gauri.

You're the light

You're the night

You're the colour of my blood

You're the cure

You're the pain

You're the only thing I wanna touch..

His little butterfly was lulling the whole universe that night.. He smiled fondly at the memory. He loved giving her surprises like this and what gave him more fun was the unexpectedly sweet surprise she gave back.

Dandi was alert as always. As soon as he passed through the gates, Dandi took his luggage trolley and started walking in front of him. Omkara was humming a tune and his steps were bouncy, his mind dancing at how his wife would be surprised to see him back early.