Forty: Davina

Freya and I had everything we needed to complete the spell, candles were lit around the Compound and Kol's ashes lay in the middle.
We could do this, I told myself. We would bring him back.
We linked arms, channeling Rebekah, we began to chant.
I let the magic run through me, feeling Kol, longing for him. Marcel placed his ashes in the tub of water as the magic grew stronger and water began to move, vigorously.
The magic was draining me, I could feel it, Freya's chanting screams rang in my ear, dissolving into my own. The lights began to flicker and a cold breeze travelled through my hair. However, I was unaware of it all. My only goal was bringing Kol back. I longed for his touch, for his laugh, his smile.
The water finally stilled, and his hand shot out of it, followed by the rest of his body.
I didn't care that he was covered in mud, I ran towards him, throwing myself in his arms and bringing my lips to his. At first he was confused, dazed and unable to respond. But slowly, I let my memories travel to him, calling him.
Then, I felt Kol's arm wrap around me and pull me closer.
"How I've missed you, love." He breathed.
"I'm so glad your back," I cried, tears running down my face.
"As much as I hate to break the moment, we have work to do," Rebekkah said.
"What have you gotten yourself into, love?" Kol asked.
"Nothing," I say, "but Hayley needs our help."
"It's good to see you Kol," Klaus says as he enters the Compound. Hayley at his side, followed by a bunch of people I didn't know. A witch among them, I could sense it.
"Klaus, what's going on?" Marcel asked.
"I think it's time we kill my aunt," Klaus said.