Chapter 14: Only fools rush in....

Thorin POV

Yes. I will skin my nephews. Those snitches! How dare they! I spoiled it all! Oh no....

"Thorin?"

"Yes Bilbo?"

"I made you something. I hope you like it!"

A flower crown. Made of roses and daisys. And orange tulips. And lavender, and arbutus.

"I love it, thank you so much Bilbo. I'll show you my thanks by giving you a bead from the line of Durin."

A courting bead.

Bilbo POV

A courting bead?

Is It A bLoOdY cOuRtInG bEaD?!

- le Flashback-

First Step Of Dwarven Courting: Give the intended a bead of your kin to show them they will think worthy of you. To respond reputable you have to give your lover a piece of your own jewelery that he or she will carry with them even in time of battle.

- End Flashback-

Ah.

I think I might have an idea what to make of it.

In my pocket I saw my One Ring looking at me. No, I'm not going to give it to Thorin. I saw another ring. That one it is then.

AN: DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS! CONTAINS HUGE SPOILERS FOR LATER CHAPTERS!

Hey, for now I can write, but on my laptop, who is older than Gandalf and Mordor combined, so the chapters from now on will be weird, preferable to read on a computer, and I couldn't put in a picture of the ring Bilbo chose for Thorin.

This will be a slow-burn story, so it's not that they will give a gift every chapter for 5 chapters long and then an epilogue following in wich they have 25 kids, no, they will court in the whole book, and they are both like; "hey we like(love) each other and we are courting but we can't believe it 'cause the other is way to good for me but we keep courting and hey now we are engaged". Thorin doesn't know Bilbo is courting back but keeps courting him not knowing that he is responding but he thinks Bilbo is a hobbit so he doesn't know about courting and I will tell him soon I promise.

Also, I have made a desicion, this is the cover. Made it myself.

And if you are wondering where they are, somewhere traveling between Ravenhill because the book started there, and Erebor. They will come to Beorn soon.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

*runs away while eating chocolate because why the fuck not?*