Chapter 29: And the bells shall ring in gladness,

AN: At the Mountains Kings return, but all shall hail in sadness, 

Bilbo POV

And the Lake will shine and burn.

We saw Smaug fly to Lake - Town.

Is it my fault for saving who I love most?

"It isn't your fault, Bilbo. Smaug is a monster. Besides, you casted him away from our Erebor! You should be seen as a hero!"

Well, I suppose that is true.

"Thank you Thorin. Also for destroying the Arkenstone. It was very brave of you to destroy the thing your ancestors loved most."

"What destroyed them, at most. But it is late, Master Burglar. I must wish you a good night."

"Goodnight, Oh King Under The Mountain. "

"Goodnight, My Ghivashel."

The next day Thorin woke me up. 

"Bilbo! We have a letter! Smaug is dead! We saw that he fell into the Lake! Without you everything would burn! If you didn't say that to Smaug, he would've killed us all! You're a hero!"

"That's fantastic! Oh Thorin, you are finally King! But what about the army of Orcs that Gandalf told us about? The one of Azog?"

"Went back to Mordor. I guess they are saving the arms for a great war. Now we are free! Next week we start rebuilding. I thought you would like to help Ori in the Library of Erebor?"

"That would be downright amazing! But what about you?"

"I'm going to give Bard my Share of the treasure. He slayed the dragon while the Master fled, so I suppose he will be King. I was going to send a letter to him that he could be King of Dale if he wished. Lake - Town burned to the ground and we could use allies. That's also why I decided to search peace with the Elves. I wasn't planning on forgiving Thranduil, but maybe if I gave him his Diamonds back we could be allies too."

"Thorin, that's such a great idea! You would be a great King Thorin!"

"Thank you, Bilbo. Would you like to join us for breakfast? And second breakfast, and elevensies?"

"Yes please! And you learned about Hobbit Culture?"

"I thought if you would like to send a letter home-"

"I don't need to send anything there. Besides, I am home already. Because home is where the heart is. And that is here, in Erebor."

AN: These few chapters were angsty, weren't they? But the next chapters will be all fluff, I promise. 

Next chapter; Breakfast, rebuilding and supper with Thorin!

Not my art! Credits to artist!

  "I don't need to send anything there

"I don't need to send anything there. Besides, I am home already. Because home is where the heart is. And that is here, in Erebor."

With you.