Chapter 42: An unexpected run-in with the in-laws

AN: I completely forgot to thank all of you for staying with me, and even going as far as to give me 51K reads... it really is unimaginable that the story I started writing when I was twelve has granted me the joy of amusing so many people with my gay dwarf shenanigans. enjoy!

Thorin POV:

You've got to be kidding me. I was just about to have the most important conversation of my life- Bilbo, you're the best thing that could ever happen to me, bla bla bla pls marry me- and now the wench comes barging in?

"Apologies nephew, but please repeat yourself so I'm sure I heard you correctly."

"Uncle, your fucking sister and her entire delegation is standing right in front of the fucking mountain."

"And pray tell me, my dear nephew, why this is the first time I have ever heard of this?"

I see Kíli giving Bilbo a nervous look from the corner of his eye. Bilbo, who turned as pale as a sheet hearing this news, might as well have heard that the entirety of The Shire has burnt to the ground, was looking back with a tremendously amount of fear I haven't seen in his eyes since Smaug ruled this mountain.

"Well uncle, it appears that my mother has decided that it would be more fun if she came as a surprise. Apparently she and the Elf King have conspired against you to 'give you this most pleasant surprise'"

"Does this look like a 'pleasant surprise' to you??'

My face slowly began turning a deep shade of scarlet, as I slowly peeled myself away from my dear hobbit and began striding over until I was right in front of my nephew.

"Well then, then I guess there only rests one solution.." I told him, while giving him a solemn look.

Kíli couldn't look more afraid for his life than right at this moment.

"A grand buffet of course! How else would we welcome my dear sister?"